What are your favorite racing games?

Post away...

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Re: What are your favorite racing games?

Post by Dede »

f1m wrote:I am playing GT5 at the moment... Am going through the B-spec mode to get some decent cars... I have 'J. May' as one of my drivers... still trying to get 'R. Hammond'. No sign of 'T. Stig' or 'J. Clarkson' yet.

E
I have "L. Alonso" as my B-spec driver, so far the "L" isn't for Loser :wink:

All the good cars are soooo expensive 20,000,000 credits, anyone have any shortcuts to gettin behind their oh so sweet steerin wheels??
Dede.

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

I like Rfactor, it has so many really cool mods, but the one I really enjoy is Race 07. I really like the F3000 cars. There is a 2007 F1 mod for it, and I feel it is the best F1 simulation. GTR 2 is also very good. I just cant get into F1 2010. Too arcade like. I will make an attempt to develop a feel for it.

I haven't played Grand Prix Legends in years, but it is one of the best. I may re-install it and update it. So many distractions, so little time.

Spike2933
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Spike2933 »

Toca 3 ia my fav

all real tracks, and the AI is actually kinda rough with you, unlike Forza and co that brake way to early and accelerate slowly

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi All,

I like Toca 3, I loved GP2, but I'm not that keen about F1 2010.

While the bling factor is there and the career thing is a bit fanciful, the problem I'm having with F1 2010 is it doesn't have the lap by lap telemetry that allows you to analyse the car's behaviour, like GP2 did. Also the car wants to turn into the corners much too early, causing the lap time to be invalidated.

I wish Geoff Crammond would re-release GP2, I'd snap it up in an instant.

Cheers, Paul
sydney Oz.

smbrm1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: BRM, Lotus, Ferrari
Canada

Post by smbrm1 »

badun wrote:. What games of recent vintage do you all like? :lol:
Rfactor, you can race almost(?) any thing you can think of that has wheels!
Only problem is if you get too hooked, you'll wonder where the time for modelling went!!!!!

Stephen

De21
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Germany

Post by De21 »

My favorite at the moment is clearly iRacing, driving the FW-31 is so addicting... The only problem is how expensive it is with having to pay once a month. I took one of the "cheap" deals, to get 3 months for the price of one or something like that. Then bought the Lotus and Silverstone and the FW-31 and one or two other tracks. It is really good probably the best when it comes to "feeling" the car but simply not for the casual gamer who wants to play 1h per week... It would be nice to be able to atleast do some hotlapping with the bought content without having to pay the monthly price, since I actually paid quite a sum already... Anyway my subscription runs till end January and I will definitaly try to play as much as I can. Ohh and Spa will be released next week, should be amazing with the Williams... 8) 8)

Beside that I really like Grand Prix Legends and the whole GTR Series, especially GTR Evolution. Driving the Aston Martin DB-R9 on the Nordschleife, lots of fun... :lol:

BT46B
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by BT46B »

Bought GT5 (finally released!) and F1 2010 a couple weeks ago at the local Best Buy.
My son is a Gran Turismo addict and I wanted to try the F1 2010. Years ago with PS2 or something like it we had a couple F1 games but I don't know if they don't sell well in the States or if the FIA shops the rights to make the game around among software companies. Kinda liked the earlier versions of F1 (2004(?)and earlier) that I think Psygnosis or some company with a name like that made. From what little I've seen of F1 2010 it does look 'blingy.' Just looking for a realistic simulation with current cars and a variety of tracks - even if they don't presently appear on the F1 calendar.
"Of all the pretenders who have come after my five World Championships, I felt only he had what it takes."
-- Juan Manuel Fangio speaking after the death of Ayrton Senna da Silva

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

Having played them with my kids. I find most boring.

sc351cobra
F3
F3

Post by sc351cobra »

I have to go with iracing it is expensive 1 year subscription $100 cars $11.95 tracks $14.95 but great fun and you have to learn to drive no
beginner level and most racing is clean because of the safety rating system.
Lonnie

2whl
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Dan Gurney
United States of America

Post by 2whl »

After having tried most PC driving games, I keep coming back to Grand Prix Legends for its realism.
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

A=12 B=0 C=25