Piquet Sr. to enter NASCAR?

Got a rumor???

Topic author
badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Piquet Sr. to enter NASCAR?

Post by badun »

It's not a rumor, just an egregious error on the part of my local newspaper. I live an hour and a half from Daytona so naturally there's lots of stock car coverage in my paper. This week has been all about Danica but today one the LOCAL writers decided to mention Mr. Piquet. Problem is he did his research on Senior, not Junior!

Story link (I alerted the Sports Editor so it may eventually get updated).

Most ridiculous quote:

"Race fans will be watching six women and a three-time Formula One champion"

Maybe Nelson Sr. will be in the stands? :lol:

mbl
Formula e
Formula e

Re: Piquet Sr. to enter NASCAR?

Post by mbl »

Hillarious. F1 is so off the radar here in the US that Piquet hardly got a mention during the race. And we're talking about a series that is at best the 4th tier down from the big boys series.

DiemenRacer
Midfield
Midfield

Post by DiemenRacer »

He did well until the red flag. He was running in the top 5 but could not restart his car after the red flag. Probably didn't know how. Then he pushed media darling Danica off into the grass on the tri-oval spinning her out. So Piquet got mentioned but most of it was not positive by the end of the race. I never heard the announcers mention the Sepang (oops meant Singapore) incident.
Danica did very well but I assume she has a really good car.
Last edited by DiemenRacer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drledford93
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by drledford93 »

DiemenRacer wrote:He did well until the red flag. He was running in the top 5 but could not restart his car after the red flag. Probably didn't know how. Then he pushed media darling Danica off into the grass on the tri-oval spinning her out. So Piquet got mentioned but most of it was not positive by the end of the race. I never heard the announcers mention the Sepang incident.
Danica did very well but I assume she has a really good car.
I guess it does help to have a Cup car in an ARCA race, now doesn't it... :lol:

What Sepang incident? Are you talking about the Singapore incident?

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yeah, the joke is easy: he'll be there to help son! :)
Tha reminds me a recent comment by Fernando Alonso, he said "Full fuel races will be less exciting; if you are not in top three positions on the grid, you won't stand any chance. Until now, you still stood a hane by playing with strategies". Well, with a teammate prone to crash on the right moment, you certainly have, a chance!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Someone should teach Alonso to think comments before ;-)
That said, I disagree: races will be less predictable with full fuel loads...

Sladex
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Sladex »

NASCAR? seems to be true :P