A1GP Car First Season Car W.I.P (CG)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author

A1GP Car First Season Car W.I.P (CG)

Post by Guest »

Hey everyone how you doing?
I've posted a request for help a while ago for data on the A1GP car, and I was then asked to share the W.I.P here, so here I am :) I'm doing in with "3D Studio Max 2009" program.

This is the bodywork, almost finished after many modifications, still some small details to come :

And this is the chassis, actually that's some improvisation here, I don't have the data source that allows me to know exactly what it is, so Please, if you can correct me, please do right away :D

And this is how the modeling works, for you who would want to know, I'm using Poly Modeling Technique, means I create every single polygon, and then do some processes like cutting, boolean, etc ... here's the rough model before smoothing it

I'm reminding you, any TECHNICAL mistakes, please say out loud :D and of course give your general ops, I'll be updating asap .. Thanks :)

Topic author

Re: A1GP Car First Season Car W.I.P (CG)

Post by Guest »

Hey ppl, this is an update of my work, I posted a topic for reference request, and some members were really helpful, here's what I got so far, a little slowly moving cause of study and college ..

First, these are the latest Clay Renders of the car :

R1
R2
R3
R4
R5
R6
R7

And, these are some screen shots from the prog, didn't make preview renders yet :

S1
S2
S3
S4
S5
S6
S7

And, a test render of the front rocker assembly :

As many of you can see, I have a mis-understandING with some parts, due to the lack of reference, especially in the pics " R6, R7, S1 (The Underlaying) " and " S7(The Wheel Nut) " Any comments?

To be continued..

CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

Wow! Fantastic CG work! Are you planning to make a physical model of this? I imagine you could break it up into modules and make SLS models for assembly.
Cheers,
Chris

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Impressive work. Wish I could help with pics and data, but I don't follow A1 at all. Have you tried motorsport.com ? They usually have some
detail pictures, but you have to browse through find them. Also check if you can find technical specifications from sanctioning body. FIA technical
specs for Formula1 provided me with some useful measurements, parameters and general info.

I've done some primitive 3D CAD modeling. Don't have proper skills and proper tools. See it on my blog under "3D CAD modeling" label.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Thanks mates ! I appriciate that :)

@ CBartholomew4677 I wish I could, but don't have the proper tools for making physical models at least till right now :(

@ lezdep : I opened your blog already, you have some nice models there :) I loved the cleanness of the physical models there ;)

formula.kits
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna, Piquet, Pryce, Osella, Lotus, Copersucar, Tyrrell, Minardi, RAM
Brazil

Post by formula.kits »

It goes to a 3D printer???

Topic author

Post by Guest »

It can be, only if it's finished in NURBS format, this is Polygon Modeling ..
Actually I don't know much about that field, I haven't tried to print a 3D model, but everytime I look in this forum I just love to do t more and more :D