View topic - Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

2019 Race Predictions

Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 am

Hamilton
28%
Bottas
3%
Verstappen
No votes
Vettel
28%
Leclerc
33%
Gasly
3%
Sainz
3%
Kvyat
No votes
Raikkonen
3%
Albon
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes : 36

Re: Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

Postby Joaquin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Vettel continues demonstrating year by year that he doesn't know to manage a race when he is not first with a margin of several seconds and several tenths still in the pocket.
Ferrari should open the door to him as quick as possible and contract a real good driver as Ricciardo. We are seeing a deja vu of the 2014 season. A newbie destroying a 4 times champion for the second time.
Joaquin
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Favorite F1 Team: Chapman's Lotus

Postby MoFo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:51 pm

stubeck wrote:I liked the race too. I'm a Seb supporter, but I wonder what the official thing he was supposed to do in that situation was?

Wait until it was safe to return to the track. If he couldn't see the oncoming traffic, wait until a marshal notified him that it was clear for him to return to the track.
Je ne regrette rien.
MoFo
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Postby cbk57 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Vettel managed to land in about as bad a spot possible as he was perpendicular to the track and could see nothing in the direction of oncoming traffic. I could not see that a marshall was near. I don't know if f1 cars have a reverse because there was no way he could go foreword as he was without waiting for the last car to pass. If he could have backed up and cut the wheel at least he could take off and not pull straight into the racing line. As it was he was screwed with no good answer to his predicament. Then again he spun the car and ended up parked where he was so it was his problem to solve without impeading someone or tearing up their car.
cbk57
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Tyrrell, Lotus, Ferrari

Previous

Return to 2019 Race Predictions