View topic - Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

2019 Race Predictions

Poll ended at Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 am

Hamilton
28%
Bottas
3%
Verstappen
No votes
Vettel
28%
Leclerc
33%
Gasly
3%
Sainz
3%
Kvyat
No votes
Raikkonen
3%
Albon
No votes
Someone Else
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby f1m » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 am

Can Charles repeat at Monza?

E
f1m
FIA President
FIA President

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrari
Facebook: ericaitala

Re: Who will win the 2019 Italian Grand Prix?

Postby Indy1977TX » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:59 am

I usually go Hamilton but here is hoping Charles can keep the momentum rolling and make it two in a row to thrill the tifosi.

Jordan
Indy1977TX
Top Designer
Top Designer

Favorite F1 Team: Penske, Lotus, Jordan, McLaren, and Ferrari

Postby cbk57 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 pm

The second half of the season could be really interesting, Spa tells us that Ferrari is the fastest car over the short term. Mercedes is faster in a long sting, and on Shorter tracks Red Bull is faster. But Mercedes can challenge them. It looks like Mercedes has the best overall car but both Ferrari and Red Bull can challenge from different ends of the spectrum. Hopefully we will see good battles among all three.

BTW, I think this is a Leclerc win, but Vettel might surprise us. In any event this race should favor Ferrari. Mercedes is not going to take any risks to eek out a win with such a safe margin in the championship. They will be getting the most out of the car with the most conservative speed they can run, unless something goes wrong for Ferrari and they smell blood. I think Mercedes will be fully satisfied if Lewis gets a second or third.
Last edited by cbk57 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbk57
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Tyrrell, Lotus, Ferrari

Postby gp-models » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 am

I guess Vettel`s days as top driver at Ferrari are counted since beginning of the season this year, the car fit much more to Charles` driving style then Vettel`s.
If there is a red car involved for the win and i guess they will win again, it will be another win for him. Very interesting to see that Ferrari now goes more and more into Charles direction!
gp-models
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Lotus

Postby jmpsebring » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 pm

I haven't watched much F1 since the Mercedes team domination, But I figured the Italian GP might be fun. To my surprise, the entire 1/5 of the left side was all Caesar's betting odds and the bottom 1/5th was scores etc. Has that been going on for a while??
jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: Gunnarracing

Postby TvD » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 am

Not in the official live feed. They show the current standings on the left and some extra info at the bottom or top when needed.

My Scalemodel gallery: http://photos.keepturningleft.com

TvD
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Postby cbk57 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am

I thought this was a good race, we had something going on, right up until the last few laps. The balance of the season should have some good races as there should be some tracks where Red Bull has a shot to challenge Mercedes if Ferrari cannot. We now have a interesting dynamic between Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull in that each car is stronger than the other in certain circumstances and used properly each can win.
cbk57
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Tyrrell, Lotus, Ferrari

Postby JamesB » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:04 am

I agree, it was a nice race, with the proper amount of uncertainty.
Shame for Seb. Really bad n the spin, and even wrse after it. It's becoming hard to defend him, even for supporters (like me! :roll: ).
Lec was mature, fast, with the needed amount on wilderness defending position. Lewis' and Valtteri's fans might foundedly disagree, though! :lol:
BTW as Brundle underlined, it's probably the most cheerful and happy combination of national anthems.
It's me or a good section of Monaco's sounds similar to Grand Prix movie's main theme?
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby stubeck » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:30 am

I liked the race too. I'm a Seb supporter, but I wonder what the official thing he was supposed to do in that situation was? Giving him the benefit of the doubt I'm hoping he was expecting the rear tires to spin the car around rather than block the track. It seems like at this point someone at the FIA would know about these blind spots the drivers have and install mirrors so they can see things.
stubeck
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Favorite F1 Team: Red Bull

Postby JamesB » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 pm

stubeck wrote: I'm a Seb supporter, but I wonder what the official thing he was supposed to do in that situation was? Giving him the benefit of the doubt I'm hoping he was expecting the rear tires to spin the car around rather than block the track.

I ased myself the same...
The idea, first, would have been to complete the 360 degree spin instead of 180 and then up to 270. Surely, the car gets grip when it does, and surely, 90 further dehrees mean more tyre flat spot. had he done 360, he'd have kept going with sooo much less trouble.
And yes, about spinning wheels and entering the track at a better angle, again it was not fully his control, but surely he might have waited for more cars to pass and find a wider window. A full "I blew it" no doubt...
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Next

Return to 2019 Race Predictions