View topic - Who will win the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix?

Who will win the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix?

2019 Race Predictions

Who will win the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Hamilton
41%
Bottas
12%
Vettel
15%
Verstappen
9%
Leclerc
15%
Gasly
No votes
Sainz
3%
Magnussen
No votes
Perez
No votes
Raikkonen
3%
Someone Else
3%

Total votes : 34

Re: Who will win the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix?

Postby tubegenius » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

I said this about the Monaco race, and I'll say it again: Blue flag the offender until all cars within the time penalty have passed. Restore the proper running order. Isn't this what is normally done when someone cuts a chicane or a corner and gains a place? How can this be so difficult? I know simplicity and common sense are not in the F-1 vocabulary. Are they trying to prove how "sophisticated" they are?
tubegenius
Backmarker
Backmarker

Favorite F1 Team: Williams

Postby daves » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm

I think the FIA should have required Seb to give up the position. Then he could have raced, Lewis. He might have been able to retake 1st, having the faster car.
Dave
daves
Team Owner
Team Owner

Postby Mr.Grumpy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:48 pm

yes, agree that giving up the position would have been the better option if they feel they must apply a penalty.

whether it was a penalty or not is a whole other story.
Mr.Grumpy
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Postby Badi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am

daves wrote:I think the FIA should have required Seb to give up the position. Then he could have raced, Lewis. He might have been able to retake 1st, having the faster car.
Dave

that is quite simple and most sensible thing to be done!

Agreed!

Regards

F1 nowadays sucks!
Badi
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Ligier

Postby MoFo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am

Yes, the FIA telling Ferrari to just let Mercedes win would have solved aaaaaalllllll the problems. :roll:
Je ne regrette rien.
MoFo
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Postby daveyman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:33 pm

MoFo wrote:Yes, the FIA telling Ferrari to just let Mercedes win would have solved aaaaaalllllll the problems. :roll:

Seb not cracking under pressure, AGAIN, would have been the biggest help to Ferrari.
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Facebook: David Fisher

Postby JamesB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Hmmm... to begin with, the whole concept "returning to the racing track" is absolutely nuts. It's not an off, you recover the car on the gravel, and then Hop! you step in... all the trajectory makes up the off itself. When Seb "returns to the track" he's still in the process of recovering the off. Regaining control of the car. Any steering wheel movement is just about avoiding the crash and/or the spin, yu know, opposite lock and all that. Assuming he opens the steering to block Lewis is crazy, it's not like Schumi 97 or 2006... not even as Adelaide '94.
Had Seb closed steering to the left, he'd probably have slided into a spin interrupted by the wall, and Lewis wuld have T-boned a car at some 60 or 80 degrees from the racing line.
Giving up the position? yes, that's what I'd have asked for... if this had happen while Lewis trying to really pass, then Seb wuld have gained an advantage which he should give back.
That was just an "almost off" rather well recovered (almost a Marquez "saving") and Lewis just arrived when it was almost corrected. If a car makes a spin, the guy behind is supposed to slam on the brakes, for sure.
A total failure by the stewards, no doubt, in the worst moment and on the least opportune racing situation.
Italian press titled: "F1 choses a circuit named after Gilles to betray Dijon '79". They are usually a bit epic, but this time they are right.

Seb cracking under pressure? I just saw a driving mistake well and quickly fixed. The show after the race finish? yep quite a bit over the top. But just imagine what James (that one, not me) or Jonesy would have spit on the radio, had they had one to.
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby daveyman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

I really don't see an answer for the situation that F1 has arrived at. We live in a world where there is a rule for everything and everybody is a critic and knows best.
As long as a rule exists these guys will go right up to the line of compliance, its in their nature. You take away rules and rely on the drivers to police themselves, not gonna work. You enforce the rules and you will upset someone. Where do we go from here?
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby JamesB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Maybe applying rules with a bit more of sense, Davey! :D
This time, the throwback has been soooo unanimous...
I think that all this pack of things makes you think: "This sis not happen with Bernie"

Let's look at Moto GP. They are making a far better job (and discipline troubles, there have been!) because Ezpeleta is probably as gd as Bernie. The people at the helm of F1, not.
That said, it's not the end of the world. A crappy decision, that's it. Let's see if they learn
But just my thoughts :D
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Postby daveyman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:45 pm

I just wonder if they are missing the influence of Charlie Whiting?
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Race Predictions