Fisher Model & Pattern Works Sunoco McLaren M6B parts

Le Mans, Trans-Am, road racing, etc.

Topic author
JH3
Formula e
Formula e

Fisher Model & Pattern Works Sunoco McLaren M6B parts

Post by JH3 »

I recently acquired a few kits from an estate sale on the East Coast of the USA. Several Can Am 1/43 kits, as well as a Quik Skins Ford Probe and a Fisher Sunoco M6B. The Fisher kit is without Photo Etch and instructions (I was able to acquire a set of decals at least!)

I'm looking for help with a few things:

1. Does anyone out there, by the rarest of chances, have a spare P/E set they are willing to sell?

2. If you have this kit, would you be willing to provide measurements from your Photo Etch frets? I am in touch with someone that may be able to re-draw the parts, but I'm sure they will need more than just the photo of the parts I pulled from the Internet. And, can anyone also provide a scan of the instruction sheet?

3. Anyone know of any dealers who may have spares, or the actual P/E supplier that Paul Fisher contracted with to provide the etch for his kits?

With the shut down of Fisher Model & Pattern Works (hopefully temporarily), I am not sure where to turn for help. I've thought about connecting with Paul on Linked In, but given he is probably bombarded daily with messages asking when he will be opening back up, I'd like to refrain from bothering him. If anyone here has actually communicated with him, let me know and I'll consider sending him a short message.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Joe

Lloyd
F2
F2

Re: Fisher Model & Pattern Works Sunoco McLaren M6B parts

Post by Lloyd »

Fisher unfortunately lost everything during wildfires in north America, not sure his shutdown was a temporary thing

Daryl_Huhtala
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Daryl Huhtala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gurney Stewart Andretti Clark Hill McLaren Hulme Villeneuve Fittipaldi
United States of America

Post by Daryl_Huhtala »

He is on Facebook. You could try to send him a PM
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Just a tip. Do not be concerned about reaching out to people during this lockdown. I, among others welcome communication with others, especially about subjects I love. Hence why I am here and on other model and racing forums. Be polite and to the point and you may get a quick answer. BTW if someone has the PE parts, I think a scam to copier would be the easiest solution. So perhaps the kit manufacturer can point you in the direction of who he knows may have a kit in their stash.

Topic author
JH3
Formula e
Formula e

Post by JH3 »

Thanks everybody - appreciate your responses. I think I will reach out to Paul Fisher, as suggested. His website has a personal address, so will try there first.

Topic author
JH3
Formula e
Formula e

Post by JH3 »

Thanks everybody - appreciate your responses. I think I will reach out to Paul Fisher, as suggested. His website has a personal address, so will try there first.