Le Mans, Trans-Am, road racing, etc.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Re: TAMIYA 12056 just announced...

Post by daniel »

bestbalsakits wrote:No new parts included except for GY dry transfers (confirmed by contact).
Apparently, the faulty magenta colour of the stripes finally changed to purple as should. Too bad they didn't loose the black surroundings of the vaillant logos. Oh well, leaves Tamiya with a correction should they ever re-issue (which i doubt to be honest. Guess this will be a 1 off...) and customers the option to buy my set ;-)

Wim
outlines look correct to me....except for the roof I guess. But told you that earlier :)

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Topic author
bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

I used this one ;-)

Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Just looked through my Kremer Book and the Jürgen Barth book and I found one picture.
It shows chassis 0166 driven by Bob Wollek at the ring 1976.
The Vaillant logo shows fine black lines around it.
On the other side the carrera RSK 3.0 from 1975 shows only the white logo.
Maybe your pic is from the RSK car Wim?
On the other side its not a secret that they changed sponsors and logos from race to race. Sometimes from Saturday to Sunday.
It's only important for modeling neards like us. :wink: :wink:
Regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

Topic author
bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

this info sheds a new light, thx Christian.
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

capri-schorsch wrote:Yes the Enzo and the Carrera was released some years ago.
the are also not a complete kit. A semi die-cast kit which was released for building it.
They don't count for me, even the subject don't count for me.
Actually, no .... those were a different collector's version of the cars. I have the 1/12th Enzo, and it is a highly detailed plastic kit in typical Tamiya fashion.
Same with the Carrera.

The closest they got to a new 1/12 F1 car kit was the Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco GP, which had 1 new sprue + decals.

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Sorry, but one new sprue is not a new model. I have it and it a nice one, but nothing new.
And I also got the Enzo and you are right it is a plastic kit.
But I want something new as a Racecar. The streetcars are not my favorite. Only if Tamiya would bring the 288 GTO or an F40. Both cars I would can't resits.
By the way. The Caterham are also boring, for me. Sorry!
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I begin by saying that I am a huge Tamiya fan. However with that said, it would not surprise me if they never issue a new 1/12 kit. I wish they would but I don't think they are into it anymore other than offering some updates on their old kits.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

cbk57 wrote:I begin by saying that I am a huge Tamiya fan. However with that said, it would not surprise me if they never issue a new 1/12 kit. I wish they would but I don't think they are into it anymore other than offering some updates on their old kits.
It is widely known here is the US, Tamiya USA make no secret that Tamiya Japan believes it is too expensive to develop and manufacture 1/12th scale car kits. They are also somewhat moving in that direction of thought with their 1/32nd scale aircraft that is why they do not release new 32nd scale kits that often. Comparing what MFH has done over the last few year to Tamiya is ridiculous. MFH can make money because they are a small operation and by using RTV molds and casting in resin and white metal it is far cheaper then producing expensive injection molds and shooting plastic parts. Tamiya has said for years that they make their money in the radio controlled world. The only reason they continue to produce injection molded plastic kits is because Mr. Tamiya wants it done that way and injection molded plastic kits is what built the Tamiya brand in the first place. Tamiya will never stop producing plastic models but they will be selective about what they do produce because no matter what it has to make money. Selling a few thousand F1 cars in today's global economy doesn't cut it when they can sell tens of thousands armor, aircraft or RC models world wide over the same time period.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Icon_Modeler wrote:
cbk57 wrote:I begin by saying that I am a huge Tamiya fan. However with that said, it would not surprise me if they never issue a new 1/12 kit. I wish they would but I don't think they are into it anymore other than offering some updates on their old kits.
It is widely known here is the US, Tamiya USA make no secret that Tamiya Japan believes it is too expensive to develop and manufacture 1/12th scale car kits. They are also somewhat moving in that direction of thought with their 1/32nd scale aircraft that is why they do not release new 32nd scale kits that often. Comparing what MFH has done over the last few year to Tamiya is ridiculous. MFH can make money because they are a small operation and by using RTV molds and casting in resin and white metal it is far cheaper then producing expensive injection molds and shooting plastic parts. Tamiya has said for years that they make their money in the radio controlled world. The only reason they continue to produce injection molded plastic kits is because Mr. Tamiya wants it done that way and injection molded plastic kits is what built the Tamiya brand in the first place. Tamiya will never stop producing plastic models but they will be selective about what they do produce because no matter what it has to make money. Selling a few thousand F1 cars in today's global economy doesn't cut it when they can sell tens of thousands armor, aircraft or RC models world wide over the same time period.
I get that. At least stop re-releasing variants of the Tyrrell P34!

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

Tamiya as the manufacturer of choice for F1, rally and others has been dead for years. Sure, I liked the times when they used to churn out the new kits at a fantastic pace and they were lovely kits, no doubt. But they don't do that anymore. Plenty of new rally stuff from Belkits, Beemax/Aoshima etc, F1 from other sources. Not really fussed about Tamiya, if they don't make 'em anymore I'll go elsewhere. It's a shame, but needs must sometimes...
Steve Noble