Le Mans, Trans-Am, road racing, etc.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Re: TAMIYA 12056 just announced...

Post by sky1911 »

Doesn't matter had se.. oh wait, wrong forum. Anyway, I was eyeballing the Jaegermeister and could resist. I thought to myself, I don't like those colours, iconic or not. So why not Vaillant. Aaaand here we are nice. Now if I had to make a decision 934 vs 935, I would prefer the 935 any day - also Martini livery! But I believe I'll order one such Vaillant just because I like that G-Modell style so much. Still my preferred Porsche shape.

On Tamiya 1/12... I would love to have a 288 kit and not just that die-cast-ish model they have released in the past. I'm with Christian here, those two are my favourite modern Ferraris. The 288 GTO because it has taken the already beautiful shape of the 308 and made it even better in the form of a to be racer, that never was because the series it was destined for ended before it was ready. And of course the F40 because to me it is the ultimate sportscar. No McLaren F1, no Porsche or no other Ferrari ever came close to this. Ultimate driving machine..

Blabla digressing. Wim, can you ask your contact if they are contemplating the 935 for a rerun as well? Thanks ;)

/edit utterly unreadable formatting
Last edited by sky1911 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Roman

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I don`t think we will see the 935 re re released so soon after it was re released a few years ago.
Unfortunately (If Tamiya is thinking so) they should do more re releases to cover the costs, wrong politic to do so once each ten years and more! The molds are still done, only production has to run, but at that point they struggle, don`t understand why.
About a comparsion between Tamiya and MFH......there is none, the quality of Tamiya will MFH not reach. Sorry to say so, just my 2 cents on it.
Take a stand!

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

gp-models wrote:The molds are still done, only production has to run, but at that point they struggle, don`t understand why.
I said this in another thread here at F1M I guess you missed it.

With some 650 kits in just their car and motorcycle portfolio Tamiya has quite a number to pick from when it comes to re-releases. Now add in all of their armor, aircraft and ship inventory and maybe you can understand that it would be impossible to re-release the same kit every few years. And we haven't even considered adding into production new kits that are being developed for the first time that have to use production resources as well. To think that they can re-release the same kit every few years shows to me at least the limited knowledge here at F1M as to what it takes, Time, Effort and Finances, to produce a model kit.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

But there are other companys who did that.
Release new kits in 1/12.And not only one,they also digging out old stuff and bring some new.
Tamiya could do this too,if they wanted it.
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

Topic author
bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

gp-models wrote:I don`t think we will see the 935 re re released so soon after it was re released a few years ago.
The 935 latest run was 10 years ago, which is more or less the spread tamiya uses for their 934 & 935 re-releases, so my guess(!) is we see 935 this year or early next year latest.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Icon_Modeler wrote:
gp-models wrote:The molds are still done, only production has to run, but at that point they struggle, don`t understand why.
I said this in another thread here at F1M I guess you missed it.

With some 650 kits in just their car and motorcycle portfolio Tamiya has quite a number to pick from when it comes to re-releases. Now add in all of their armor, aircraft and ship inventory and maybe you can understand that it would be impossible to re-release the same kit every few years. And we haven't even considered adding into production new kits that are being developed for the first time that have to use production resources as well. To think that they can re-release the same kit every few years shows to me at least the limited knowledge here at F1M as to what it takes, Time, Effort and Finances, to produce a model kit.
I`ve still read the other thread as well and still know that they have much more then only the cars in portfolio, but this is surely not the reason why, cause like Christian said, others do so and i`m sure Tamiya could do so too. There is no research, no extra money for molds etc needed like if your trying to make a new model, a re release is pay out day for producers.
About your thinking of "limited knowledge here at F1M" let me tell you that i produced a few kits in the past on my own and worked as freelancer from time to time for 2 of the most important diecast producers, should be enough to know what i`m talking about. :roll:
bestbalsakits wrote:
gp-models wrote:I don`t think we will see the 935 re re released so soon after it was re released a few years ago.
The 935 latest run was 10 years ago, which is more or less the spread tamiya uses for their 934 & 935 re-releases, so my guess(!) is we see 935 this year or early next year latest.

Wim
Is the re release of 935 with etched parts realy 10 years ago?? :shock:
Seems like time is slipping away! OK, after 10 years we can hope and maybe see it soon again, fingers crossed!
Take a stand!

daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Post by daves »

I did build the Vaillant 934 a few years back using Wim's decals. Got some comments on another forum that the colors were wrong. I like it and that is what counts on my display shelf.

Dave
IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

...agree, to each his own.
I would go crazy with that green tone or the color of the stripes :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

[quote="daves"]I did build the Vaillant 934 a few years back using Wim's decals. Got some comments on another forum that the colors were wrong. I like it and that is what counts on my display shelf.

Dave

Beautiful build, Dave.

Joe.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

gp-models wrote: should be enough to know what i`m talking about. :roll:
With that experience you have listed yes you would thinks so but maybe not. Are you aware that Tamiya molds their own kits? Or did up until a few years ago anyway. They do not use outside services to injection mold their kits. That may have changed in recent years but last time it was brought up Tamiya still did all their own injection molding.

Who are these "Other" manufactures that you and Christian speak of? How many kits in their portfolio? And are they producing the injection parts on their own or are they using an outside vendor? Lets make sure we are comparing apples to apples and not something else.

The point I'm trying to make is that it is very easy to sit behind a computer screen and criticize a company for how they do business when they don't do something that might be expected. Perhaps the complete picture should be considered before throwing out complaints.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports