Events related to scale modeling, F1, or other racing series

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Re: Melbourne GP 2019

Post by Shunter »

I have to say some of the new colours look great. I was lucky enough to get a corporate pass at the last minute, in fact halfway to the zoo with the family when I got the call.
The Ferrari satin red is Gordan’s the TV will not show it well, the Renault gleans, and I was surprised at how bright the Red Bull nose and lettering is.
I know Jeff is working hard on loading his images for you all to enjoy.

Topic author
Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

lauda75 wrote:Watching the local channel 10 broadcast I was shocked to see how much weight Alan Jones has lost. If it’s intentional then well done AJ. A truly gutsy driver and the fact that he seems to be virtually forgotten here in this “sports mad” country is a disgrace.
Saw Jones too. He looked okay, but it always a worrying sign when elderly people lose a lot of weight. Has he been ill lately or something like that?

Best regards

Flemming

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

vanhookvintage wrote:His inference is clear. Why is this too much to ask? I've always been very careful with spoilers here because I know many members don't watch the events live.
As I said, we don't moderate spoilers here, and up until the redesign the main page gave race results shortly after the race anyway. If you want to not have something spoiled, I'd recommend staying off the forum until you've seen the race tomorrow.

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

Hope you all enjoyed the race, Honda’s 1st podium under the new rules was interesting. Can Red Bull win 3 to 5 races this year? If Ferrari get’s A few wins also and Botas and Hamilton split some races this could be an increadible season. If we are luck Red Bull, Ferrari and Maybe Renault will get in the mix and take up to 8 race wins between the three. If that happens and Botas keeps winning some races this could be the most interesting championship in years.

My prediction is a Mercedes driver wins the championship because of reliability though. I think Honda and Renault will have too many engine failures to be able to put one of their drivers in contention. If Vettel focuses on consistency when he can’t win I think he has a real shot at a championship though but he has to get on the Podium almost every race.

I really hope we see at least three teams if not four win a race(can Kimi steal one), I wold like to see at least 8 races go to teams other than Mercedes. Many of you would like to see more but I am a fan of Lewis so I am still pulling for a Lewis Hamilton championship. However, I think it realistic that he could loose the championship this year if things break right for Vettel or Botas. I think Botas has the second best chance but we will see.

Above all though I am a fan of F1 and interesting racing. So I hope whatever happens it is close and we have a number of different winners. But i think consistency(I known commen sense) is going to be most important this year, I just don’t think we will have one dominant driver(maybe hope).

vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

Well, as I already knew, the free practice results would not be to my liking, and I'm disappointed that MB is on top for a sixth straight year (to be honest, though, I didn't have a problem when it was all Schumacher & Ferrari :oops: :oops: :oops: ). I was glad that the person inhabiting Bottas' body won. He was not to be denied! He even wanted new tires at the end in order to ensure the extra point.

Was that Jackie Stewart I saw up on the podium all dressed in green?

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Yes that was Stewart. Rumor is that Ferrari had a major engine problem which is why they were so slow all weekend. Hopefully they get it figured out for China. I'm not up for another domination year.

taxidermist
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by taxidermist »

vanhookvintage wrote:I was glad that the person inhabiting Bottas' body won.
:lol:

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by petrov27 »

I would like to congratulate Mercedes on their 2019 World Constructors Championship....

lol
I actually hope not and maybe it is too early to call it but once again the Mercs seem to be almost running on another level to everyone else. Maybe Bottas and Hamilton will start taking each other out to make the drivers championship more interesting :)