My GB plan.

Any scale...

Topic author
ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

My GB plan.

Post by ewestra »

I'm planning a superdetail build of the Williams FW07 "Dutch Grand Prix '79". I'm going realy to town with this one. Ever since Seamus build I got inspired. Also the great referencepictures in the Gallery, thanks to Stazz should be a big help. At this moment I'm collecting aftermarket goodies to bring this project to life.

I have one question though...what camcovers did Williams use in the Dutch GP. Is it the "Ford" or "Cosworth" logo? I'm confused :? In Seamus WIP someone said that Williams used only the "Ford" logo. But in the excellent referencepictures in the Gallery you can see 'either on one side' there is the "Cosworth" logo. That was I believe the Belgian GP. Someone please!

Eric

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: My GB plan.

Post by Icon_Modeler »

I believe who ever told you that Williams only used "FORD" logo cam covers was mistaken. From the FW06 until they started using turbo engines their Cosworth engines all said "COSWORTH" on the cam covers in all the period correct pictures I have. Williams was considered the COSWORTH "Factory" team. They recieved all the lasted developments and updates before any of the other teams.

Good Luck with your build!!

:D :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ewestra »

Thanks Icon :D

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

I"m not sure thats right. They had ford on valve covers untill the sponsor Leyland came on board.
From pictures I have.

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

Eric,
There's an overhead picture of the Williams in the pits at the 1979 Dutch GP in Autocourse and the cam covers definitely have Cosworth on them.
Cheers,
Terry

Topic author
ewestra
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ewestra »

First of all, everyone have a Happy New Year with lots of modelling going on. Specialy in this GB, I llo forwards to see all the builds come together.

So for my build, I'll go with the "Cosworth" camcovers. Start building the Williams FW07 this week.

Thanks for reply's.

Eric