Any scale...

Topic author
eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

My Plans

Post by eyckles »

Hi guys,

I hope to enter the contest, because i'm renovating my modeling room. So i can start before february or march. I'm planning on building the Lotus 79 from Hasegawa and want to build the Belgium GP. I hope to do a full detailed build. I already started this kit, but dryfit only. No painting or glueing has been done, so i hope i can still enter the GB with it.

Best regards,
Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

rtedore
World Champion
World Champion

Re: My Plans

Post by rtedore »

eyckles wrote:Hi guys,

I hope to enter the contest, because i'm renovating my modeling room. So i can start before february or march. I'm planning on building the Lotus 79 from Hasegawa and want to build the Belgium GP. I hope to do a full detailed build. I already started this kit, but dryfit only. No painting or glueing has been done, so i hope i can still enter the GB with it.

Best regards,
Lesley
Hey Les, welcome aboard. Can't wait to see your build.
BEST REGARDS
ROY TEDORE

"I BUILD FOR REFLECTION, NOT FOR PERFECTION"

ROY TEDORE 1993

Topic author
eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Hi guys,

I have a small question about the Hasegawa Lotus 79. Is it possible to make the Zolder(Belgium GP) version from the German GP version?

Best regards,
Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Hasegawa has the double radiator outlets in the left side pod while there only was one at Belgium. The roll bar was of a type different from the ones in the kit and so was probably the front wing end plates (Hard to tell in the pics). Different cutouts behind the rear mirrors but that is not a problem as one have to do the cutouts when using the streamline mirrors anyway. The throttle access hole in the body was missing at Belgium and on the Hasegawa kit. What might be a little trouble with the decals are the UK-flags. Very large on the side pods and a different shape on the nose. But the biggest problem using the Hasegawa kit will be the radiator.

Kilshaw
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Kilshaw »

Hi Lesley,

I've ordered this model from HLJ, so I'll be following this build with interest. I can't wait to see what you make of it!

Which races (other than Germany) can you make OOB? And which races can you make with a little modification?

Jake
Jake Kilshaw, 16 years old.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Mostly there is roll bars, frontwing end plates and the hole for the throttle access that differ after Gemany plus decal placements.
I have my memory notes for the 79 here: http://www.f1m.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14664

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Double post for some reason.

Topic author
eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Hi Björn,

Thanks for the reply. So from what you are saying is that i need to do a lot of modifications to build the Belgian GP car. That's what i'm affraid of. So i think i'm going to build the German GP. Are there other versions i can build from the Hasegawa kit?

Best regards,
Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley

billgtp
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapmans Lotus, James Hunt
United States of America

Post by billgtp »

You real do a great job on this kit

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Sweden

Post by Orso »

I saw that I have one thing rong on my sheet. It is the end plates of the front wings. it should say Tamiya - parallel and Hasegawa - rounded. So straight from the box with just decal changes the Hasegawa kit builds Ronnies car from the German GP. Changing end plates does the same for Mario and Jariers cars.
I built mine as a car of Mario swapping endplates with the Tamiya kit. As I also had decals from Tabu for both kits I didn't get any colour shift on those decals.