Payment at Hobby Easy with paypal possible?

Ask away....

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Payment at Hobby Easy with paypal possible?

Post by gp-models »

Does anybody know if payment at hobby easy can be done by paypal? Only find the credit card options....
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Payment at Hobby Easy with paypal possible?

Post by jaykay »

Yes it is.
You choose payment by bank transfer ( i think it says something about a chinese bank account ) and then put "paypal please" in the message box. They'll send you a paypal invoice then.
It's a bit weird they still haven't set this up properly after years but it works fine.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Many thx for information Joachim! I agree, they should set it up in a proper way, would not cause so much confusion, personaly i don`t like using credit cards.
Take a stand!

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

I thought the PayPal option is currently only set up as a test operation and accessible for China.

If it works you can post it here Guido. Thanks!
Greetings Thomas

Auspuff
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Auspuff »

I've always used a credit card with Hobby Easy but would have preferred to use PayPal instead, so thanks for this info.

Dalin1
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Dalin1 »

Just out of curiosity - are you guys using PayPal not annoyed by the currency conversion offered by PayPayl? I know you can change it, but they seem to be cleverly hiding the conversion options, intuitively leading you to use the PayPal conversion rate - 5% off the market.
I always change the conversion to “card provider”, but as PayPal tries to be so intuitive to avoid that, recently I have clicked accidentaly on “confirm and pay”, effectively paying 5% more.

Yes, normal card provider usually get 2-3% as well, but still much less than PayPal. Plus, there are options today to get a card which gives you conversion rate closer to the market.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Dalin1 wrote:Just out of curiosity - are you guys using PayPal not annoyed by the currency conversion offered by PayPayl? I know you can change it, but they seem to be cleverly hiding the conversion options, intuitively leading you to use the PayPal conversion rate - 5% off the market.
I always change the conversion to “card provider”, but as PayPal tries to be so intuitive to avoid that, recently I have clicked accidentaly on “confirm and pay”, effectively paying 5% more.

Yes, normal card provider usually get 2-3% as well, but still much less than PayPal. Plus, there are options today to get a card which gives you conversion rate closer to the market.
I agree that it is a bit missleading from paypal to hide these options, but still know it and how i can change it. What makes me more unhappy is the upcoming extra fee they want to charge you with when not using paypal for more than a year! 12 bucks for not using or having money on your account is a bit wired, but you can simply protect you from that with only doing a login from time to time.
Take a stand!