lemans miniatures jaguar xjr14 1/24 SCALE

Ask away....

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: lemans miniatures jaguar xjr14 1/24 SCALE

Post by gp-models »

phicks wrote:C K - wish that was the case! "bubbles" is the wrong word to describe the situation. evidently there was some dirt
on the mold when they formed it.
If your not going to use it, try to sand them and put a 2k clear coat on, makes them much more shiny and elemenates imperfections in the surface. Only if the bubbles are realy high it might be a problem.
robdebie wrote:Bubbles are very well possible in the vacuum forming process - they are steam bubbles actually. I've used PETG / Vivak that easily develops steam bubbles. Here are two canopies, one with and one without steam bubbles.

Rob
Looks a bit like a B2 canopy, nice job!
Take a stand!

robdebie
F2
F2

Re: lemans miniatures jaguar xjr14 1/24 SCALE

Post by robdebie »

gp-models wrote:Looks a bit like a B2 canopy, nice job!
It's for a resin 1/72 A-12 Avenger (A-6 Intruder successor, cancelled) by Anigrand. Here's it sleeping in its box between my building spurts.

The vacforming was done with the cheap Chinese vacformer that you see all over Ebay. We bought it together with a part of our modeling club, and it's rotating between the members. The results are generally nice, much better than anything I've made before using 'improvised' techniques, like plug forming.

Rob