Ask away....

Topic author
dellboy42
Formula e
Formula e

Colour Code

Post by dellboy42 »

Ok Boys and girls

Looking at a number of the Fujimi kits I have to make, they all seem to have one thing in common, the colour code HA.

Can somebody explain to me what this is, as it appears to represent different colours on various models.

Is it a blend, or just no colour in that brand available.

I believe the H prefix represents the colour code for Gunze Sangyo?

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Colour Code

Post by SteveNoble »

It's usually a mix of two colours and is shown for some kits, mainly for body colours. For example on the Ford GT40 in the Gulf colour scheme It's shown as a mix of two colours for the Gulf Blue. HA = H45 + H1 in ratio 7:3.
Steve Noble

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

With the F2007 it gets more confusing. HB is rather clear but HA is not that clear as they us another form to explain it.
In other kits there is only a description in Japanese and that is totally unclear for me

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

I have come across the same HA thing with Fujimi. With H2 + H40 10% if I remember correctly I just went for semi gloss black (TS29). Having no access to airbrush it kind of makes things easier, can't and don't want to waste too much time pondering how much of this or that will affect the final colour, especially when only one colour is involved (like in this case HA).

Orso, you have probably already found out about HB, in this case it is "Metallic Red", formed by 3 (Red) and 151 (Pearl white).
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

Orso wrote:Image
With the F2007 it gets more confusing. HB is rather clear but HA is not that clear as they us another form to explain it.
In other kits there is only a description in Japanese and that is totally unclear for me
HA is H2 and add H40 at 10% so for example 10ml H2 and 1ml of H40 will make HA.
Steve Noble