Custom Decals UK?

Ask away....

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Custom Decals UK?

Post by JamesB »

I'd happily make them for you if only I was not dramatically out of paper right now.
If you are not in a hurry...
BR
James

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by dr_gn »

Thanks very much James. I’ll see how long it takes me to get the graphics sorted out.

robdebie
F2
F2

Post by robdebie »

dr_gn wrote:OK thanks - I'll ponder the situation and have a go at the Illustrator free trial.
If you're starting from scratch learning vector software, I would also consider CorelDraw. I think it's easier, and far less costly.

Rob

vadim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jack Brabham
Ukraine

Post by vadim »

> CorelDraw – it's easier and far less costly.
Sorry, but it's another one Urban Legend. About "easier" – it was correct some decades and many, many versions ago. About "less costly" – hmm... it's about $ 500, which is equivalent to an almost two-year subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC.

cevert
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by cevert »

Try here. https://mtr32.com/?view=decals
Milan can make decals of excellent quality for you. Dimensions need to be sent to him. It has a very good price

robdebie
F2
F2

Post by robdebie »

vadim wrote:Sorry, but it's another one Urban Legend. About "easier" – it was correct some decades and many, many versions ago. About "less costly" – hmm... it's about $ 500, which is equivalent to an almost two-year subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC.
Nope, you're wrong. I bought the 'Home & Student' version of CorelDraw X8 for ~80 euros. The version for commercial use is a lot more expensive indeed, but for drawing decals, 80 euros is all you spend, forever, no subscription extortion deals.

Rob

Topic author
dr_gn
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by dr_gn »

cevert wrote:Try here. https://mtr32.com/?view=decals
Milan can make decals of excellent quality for you. Dimensions need to be sent to him. It has a very good price
I'll contact him, thanks.

In theory it's all very straightforward: "ELF", "Tyrrell" & "GoodYear logos of various sizes, "PROJECT/34" Text, two white rectangles and a white circle.

TvD
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tim
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lando Norris and McLaren
New Zealand

Post by TvD »

robdebie wrote:
vadim wrote:Sorry, but it's another one Urban Legend. About "easier" – it was correct some decades and many, many versions ago. About "less costly" – hmm... it's about $ 500, which is equivalent to an almost two-year subscription to Adobe Illustrator CC.
Nope, you're wrong. I bought the 'Home & Student' version of CorelDraw X8 for ~80 euros. The version for commercial use is a lot more expensive indeed, but for drawing decals, 80 euros is all you spend, forever, no subscription extortion deals.

Rob
Plus you get to use it on 4 (or 5?) PC's so you can share it with fellow modelers :wink:
My Scalemodel gallery: https://photos.keepturningleft.com

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

May I see what logos need to be done? 99,9% probably I have them in my design stock... 8)
That does not prevent to encourage you to try Corel and Freehand or AI (I use Corel) to give a try at this and others, ypu'll enter a brave new world you'll see :D

cevert
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by cevert »

dr_gn wrote:
cevert wrote:Try here. https://mtr32.com/?view=decals
I'll contact him, thanks.

In theory it's all very straightforward: "ELF", "Tyrrell" & "GoodYear logos of various sizes, "PROJECT/34" Text, two white rectangles and a white circle.

95/5000
He made stickers for tyrrell 006 1/12 for me. He certainly had the material I was doing in corel left