stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: Ebay Prices F1 Models

Post by stubeck »

racingkars wrote:
stubeck wrote:I'll counter the argument about ebay fees by stating this isn't new, the fees have been high for a long time now. The current issue isn't people responding to a new increased ebay fee, its seeing what others are getting and adding to it.
The increase will certainly not be the only explanation.
But, in 2018 i paid about 20,- euro for the same sell.
And in 2017 about 16,50 euro.
And now in 2020 about 25 euro.

Then of course, prices have risen for me over the years to buy from the maker of the kits, so resell is more expensive too.
But that doesn't explain a 300% increase in a kit like the Red Bull 6 from March to July. Thats where the market on ebay is losing its mind.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

stubeck wrote:
racingkars wrote:
stubeck wrote:I'll counter the argument about ebay fees by stating this isn't new, the fees have been high for a long time now. The current issue isn't people responding to a new increased ebay fee, its seeing what others are getting and adding to it.
The increase will certainly not be the only explanation.
But, in 2018 i paid about 20,- euro for the same sell.
And in 2017 about 16,50 euro.
And now in 2020 about 25 euro.

Then of course, prices have risen for me over the years to buy from the maker of the kits, so resell is more expensive too.
But that doesn't explain a 300% increase in a kit like the Red Bull 6 from March to July. Thats where the market on ebay is losing its mind.
Agree, question of demand and supply? Same goes for Tamiya SF70H. over 120 euro on ebay...
It's wanted for a SF71H conversion (thnx to 3D printed material) and a Haas conversion.
The same goes for MFH Ferrari kits, since the license has been revoked.
And have a look at a Tamiya FW14 in scale 1/12... after Top STudio brought it's upgrade..
Or a Tamiya Lola in scale 1/12...
Or a Fujimi 330P4 or 512S.. all demand because of conversion kits...
I have many kits that need these as a donor...

Just my 2 cents....
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

stubeck wrote:But that doesn't explain a 300% increase in a kit like the Red Bull 6 from March to July. Thats where the market on ebay is losing its mind.
Are you certain anybody is actually buying those 300% inflated kits ? Asking price does not necessary always reflect actual value. Look at sold items to
have better idea what prices are actually paid by buyers.

Jose01jr
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Jose01jr »

Why doesn’t F1m.com have a marketplace where us modelers can have another option of buying and selling without the commissions of course? Cut out Ebay altogether.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Jose01jr wrote:Why doesn’t F1m.com have a marketplace where us modelers can have another option of buying and selling without the commissions of course? Cut out Ebay altogether.
Look closer and you find it

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

I wonder if these wishful thinking prices also have something to do with the lack of some kits as well. The Moto GP kits are few and far between ( 09 YZR M1, for example) and the few that are on ebay......well, i'm not paying those prices. Reeeeeeally happy I built my 09 when I did.

upnorth
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by upnorth »

bossy122 wrote:I wonder if these wishful thinking prices also have something to do with the lack of some kits as well. The Moto GP kits are few and far between ( 09 YZR M1, for example) and the few that are on ebay......well, i'm not paying those prices. Reeeeeeally happy I built my 09 when I did.
Looking at those prices I guess it may be time to sell my moto kits. I have many that are still sealed.

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

Not just that prices are on the way up but prices in one particular place seem obscenely high. Talking about Japan where models on evilbay routinely list for 3x, 4x what they list for in other parts of the world. Don't know how they sell anything.

I hate Ebay. As a seller you get screwed by lying, cheating, stealing buyers and the high fees and risks. As a buyer you pay high prices and it seems there is always some idiot willing to pay 2x what the item is worth.

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

I have only ever sold one item on Ebay and I didn't use any of their shipping stuff. Is it cheaper to go to the Post Office ( or a mail service store to not have any lines) or does it work out to about the same price?

But yeah, the Japanese sellers are way over shooting. Especially considering at this point in time, shipping stuff OUT of Japan is iffy at best. Having said all that, people are free to ask whatever they want but should'nt be surprised when it doesn't sell. I've seen a lot of the same bikes listed for a very long time.