Ask away....

Topic author
tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Scale motorsports

Post by tifosi157 »

Hello,

Has anyone ordered anything from the scale motorsport lately? Ordered some carbon decals more than a week ago,but only received confirmation email & nothing afterward....
With everything going on, not sure who is & isn't in the business at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Re: Scale motorsports

Post by SanMarino »

My last order was the end of Dec 2018 and it was a similar situation to yours. If you are on Facebook try messaging him. I messaged Matthew via messenger in early Feb 2019 after failed attempts at reaching him via the contact on the website. I shortly there after received a confirmation that my order had shipped.

Cheers,
Mike

Topic author
tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

Thank you.......that sux. don't want to wait for months for the decals...
Any recommendation on other carbon decals?

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I've essentially come down to only buying models and supplies through eBay these days. I'm not going to shame anyone, but I've ordered from a lot of online hobby shops in the US and had issues with almost each one. I currently have an order at a shop that was supposed to be fulfilled in early May, but haven't heard since then despite asking a few times for updates. My issues with hobby shops online have been occurring for years unfortunately, and the current issues are just making it worse.
Last edited by stubeck on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flemming
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Flemming
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jackie Stewart - Tyrrell
Denmark

Post by Flemming »

Hi

Note that there has been some lengthy delays getting flat mail like decals and other flat items from US to Europe during Covid.19. I have just received some decals mailed early april. That is a cool three months with 1st class mail!

Flemming

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Agree with Flemming, still waiting for some orders since weeks, even inside Europe it can take much longer then normaly, a bit boring!

Indy1977TX
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Penske Racing
United States of America

Post by Indy1977TX »

International from the US at this point seems a bit faster to me going through eBay and their international hand off. I sent a pin to Italy in 18 days in June and a kit to the UK in April that took 10 days tops.

Jordan

Topic author
tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

been looking at ebays more & more now. Also been looking for some braided lines from top studio, but don't want to order from hobbyshops unless they are in stock & ready to ship.
If the item is not in stock or marked as backorder, I don't even bother anymore as it will take forever.
I totally get the shipping delays these days, but chain reaction of delays.....

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

I think in many cases "these days" are a weak excuse. As some of you know I have sold recently some of my models, around 100 and sent them worldwide. There was one delay to australia but I was told that beforehand and one parcel to france took forever. Oh yes and for some reason the italian Post took two 1/43 out of the box I've sent them in, ripped the bags open and threw everything in a plastic bag and finally sent it to the buyer....very sad experience.

I personally try to order everything within europe due to everyincreasing shipping cost but the main reson is all the trouble when it comes to taxes. Luckily most of the kits are available outside japan these days also.

If you have a webshop it is important to tell your customers what to expect during these days. I only order from very few shops and all of them currently update their site with infos about Covid. That gives me the feeling that someone is actually there "on the other side" :)

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Did you try calling him? Phone number is on the web site.