F2
F2
Your Name: Miguel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
Portugal

Ordering from PITWALL

Post by miguelpaulo »

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you had some troubles with Pitwall recently?
I Know that with the current pandemic state, thing tend to be a little different and take some time but...
I ordered from their website the SimilR Pescarolo 01 and the conversion decals for the OAK Pescarolo from 2011 on May 27th. Payment done on the same day and absolutely nothing, no news since then.
Send several mails and tried contact them thru FB, FB messenger, but nothing.
Have you had any experience with them on these strange times? have they gone out of business?
I´m considering reach out to Paypal to see if I at least get my money back, but that was really the last resort.

Do you have any other way of contacting them?

Thanks

Miguel

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Ordering from PITWALL

Post by Noddy »

Their domain is hidden behind private registration so no contact information and there Facebook page seems to imply that they are closed due to the virus pandemic. Also their website indicates that the Simil'r kit is not in stock.
If I were in your place I would open a complaint with Paypal and revisit ordering some time in the future - although with Simil'r having closed some years ago there isn't much chance of that kit being re-stocked.

Topic author
miguelpaulo
F2
F2
Portugal

Post by miguelpaulo »

Thanks,

I guess I’ll file a complaint with paypal and maybe in the future things will eventually work.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I had the same problem about a year ago, tried to contact them by countless mails, but never got a reply. The order arrived after i complaint with paypal finaly but there was no contact possible. I bought several times from them years ago, everytime fine and good communication, no problems but but today it looks like they don`t even re stock items, asked for some Top Studio parts, but no reply. I stoped ordering there cause it obviously has nothing to do with the actual situation, not sure what`s going on there cause i allways had good communication with Maxime, but since more then a year it is impossible to get a reply from them. So better you contact paypal i think, i did so and was lucky that my order arrived after that.
Take a stand!

Topic author
miguelpaulo
F2
F2
Portugal

Post by miguelpaulo »

gp-models wrote:I had the same problem about a year ago, tried to contact them by countless mails, but never got a reply. The order arrived after i complaint with paypal finaly but there was no contact possible. I bought several times from them years ago, everytime fine and good communication, no problems but but today it looks like they don`t even re stock items, asked for some Top Studio parts, but no reply. I stoped ordering there cause it obviously has nothing to do with the actual situation, not sure what`s going on there cause i allways had good communication with Maxime, but since more then a year it is impossible to get a reply from them. So better you contact paypal i think, i did so and was lucky that my order arrived after that.
Well I do hope that I am that lucky, because what i really want are the items.
This was my first time dealing with them and I understand delays, and problems with stock not beeing 100% accurate on websites, but no replys? Unless you are completely overwhelmed with complaints from all your customers, I don´t think there´s a reasonable explanation for that.
Filed a complaint today and lets see if something comes by the mail.
Thanks

Thanks

Topic author
miguelpaulo
F2
F2
Portugal

Post by miguelpaulo »

Well Guys,

Just to give you a quick update on this subject.

Wednesday I received an email from Pitwall saying that the order was shipped and today i received it in the mail.

Checking the order I got the similR Pescarolo Judd and the transkit for the 2009 LMP1, not the OAK Pescarolo Decal thar I ordered.
The net value is worth it, and since I wasn´t already expecting to get anything else but the paypal refund, I ordered the same decal from S27 at Bluerace24.
So in the end I don´t know if it was a compensation for the delay, or just a simple mistake, but I´ll take it. Already send a email to pitwall regarding this mixup.

The sad part is that as I mentioned, you have to go to all the trouble in getting in touch with paypal so that stuff actually gets on is way.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Thanks for the update. It unfortunately seems that is the best way to get these non-response issues resolved, and is primarily why I use paypal for buying items now. Its unfortunate that people can't just respond to questions we have, I've had this issue with many other dealers in the past. Good to see you got the kit, I've been looking for it for a reasonable price for a while now.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Nice to see you recieved your order finaly! Yes, it should not be normal to contact paypal to recieve your order finaly, made the same experience after doing lots of deals before where everything went fine and contact was possible, sad to see so.
Take a stand!

Modelbautony
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Modelbautony »

Hmm. Still problems with Pitwall and total lack of communication. Ordered €65 of accessories on 08.09. Three requests for information but no response.
Pathetic, pandemic or not!

Topic author
miguelpaulo
F2
F2
Portugal

Post by miguelpaulo »

Well, as a last resort and if you payed by paypal, file a complaint.
Iknow that you´de prefer the items, but at least it worked for me