Any contact with Gravity Colors USA lately?

Ask away....

vinceqn
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Any contact with Gravity Colors USA lately?

Post by vinceqn »

Splash paints has been my go to. I love scale finished paints as well, but his payment method and order process can be antiqued. I have received splash paints orders the next day in some cases.

Topic author
badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Post by badun »

So...
I ordered the back-ordered Zero paint from HobbyWorld.
I ordered the paint from Splash.
I filed a complaint with PayPal about the Gravity order.

A few minutes after I filed the PayPal grievance I got a response from Gravity as well as a shipping notice. The response said they have thousands of backlogged emails and that I should have called them. None of which explains why I had to go through PayPal to get an order over a month old shipped. Or why complaint emails from PayPal get immediate attention but thousands of customer emails do not. But there you go. I will soon be awash in Bentley Metallic Green and will be able to pick from the best among them!

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

badun wrote:So...

A few minutes after I filed the PayPal grievance I got a response from Gravity as well as a shipping notice. The response said they have thousands of backlogged emails and that I should have called them. None of which explains why I had to go through PayPal to get an order over a month old shipped. Or why complaint emails from PayPal get immediate attention but thousands of customer emails do not. But there you go. I will soon be awash in Bentley Metallic Green and will be able to pick from the best among them!

It’s all part of their game. Happened to me twice..... that shipping tracking # will never get activated. You can call (how naive I was) but no one will respond. Maybe after 2 weeks of continually calling, you will get lucky to reach a real human being but still no actual shipment afterwards.

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

danibear wrote:

It’s all part of their game. Happened to me twice..... that shipping tracking # will never get activated. You can call (how naive I was) but no one will respond. Maybe after 2 weeks of continually calling, you will get lucky to reach a real human being but still no actual shipment afterwards.
This is their MO. As they now stand to lose money on the dispute, you’ll likely get the paint. That’s how I got my order.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

leafs004 wrote:
danibear wrote:

This is their MO. As they now stand to lose money on the dispute, you’ll likely get the paint. That’s how I got my order.

Could be true for year 2020. My unpleasant experience was year 2018. But..... amazing, they are still in business. Lol.

baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Post by baggen »

JesusM wrote:Try with gravity-colors spain. I know i live in Spain but i have the orders in two days!!
They are just great! Order my colors sunday evening, and on wednesday the delivery company is ringing on my door and put the parcel in my hand. Such a good service!
Oh, and I live in Sweden.

//Paul

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

I like how nicely Gravity paints lay down plus they dry very fast. Less chance of dust etc. getting onto the base coat. Hope they fix their service problems because the product is very good.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

turboF1 wrote:I like how nicely Gravity paints lay down plus they dry very fast. Less chance of dust etc. getting onto the base coat. Hope they fix their service problems because the product is very good.
I agree about the paint quality. I like it a lot, much like Splash they lay on thicker so its a lot quicker of a process than Zero paints can be. If you can deal with the shipping from the Europe shop, its great (last order was $80, shipping was about $20). Zero still has the most amount of paints, but it can take 2 months+ to get in the US dependent on when you order.

Ichitoe
F3
F3
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Japan

Post by Ichitoe »

This news on Gravity's service is not what I want to read as I made my first order from them on 6/19.

JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Post by JesusM »

baggen wrote:
JesusM wrote:Try with gravity-colors spain. I know i live in Spain but i have the orders in two days!!
They are just great! Order my colors sunday evening, and on wednesday the delivery company is ringing on my door and put the parcel in my hand. Such a good service!
Oh, and I live in Sweden.

//Paul
Just to take in account that both Gravity (USA) and Gravity-colors (Spain) are different companies.