Ferrari 412T1 and T2 kits

Ask away....

Topic author
alesi27
F2
F2
Your Name: Roy
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles and Jean. The number 27 Ferrari...
Ireland

Ferrari 412T1 and T2 kits

Post by alesi27 »

Before I pull the trigger on one of these kits can anyone recommend whether to get a ST27 or Wave kit? What are their respective strengths/weaknesses? I've never seen let alone built either brand. Resin and p/e is not an issue for me, neither is engine detail being mandatory.
In addition I've got the Revell kit of the T2 in the stash. How good/bad is it and are there tobacco decals there for it?

Thanks
Roy.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Ferrari 412T1 and T2 kits

Post by jaykay »

If you want a nice T2 model ( Alesi and all...) i would avoid all of them and try to get the Hiro kit.

Any Studio27 kit is a compromise in terms of accuracy and not cheap for what you get.
I can't comment on the Wave kit. Isn't that 1:24 too?
The Revell kits are reissued Protars and they are not good ( and also 1:24, if that's a problem ).

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

I personally prefer the ST27 kit because I think they capture the shape really well for the first version (low nose) 412T1. Decals are available for both to my knowledge from Tabu plus others. There is a Wave 412T2 available on eBay now for about $100 USD but I've not seen one completed / built. It says 1/20 scale but I'd check to be sure.

I agree, the Hiro 412T2 is great. Cost is more obviously, but full detail with engine bay...

I think we have a built ST27 412T1 on the forum somewhere. I'll check again now...

Best
AJ

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I am traditionally unforgiving when it comes to body accuracy, so believe me when I say the master maker from S27 was quite inspired on those two.
Accesorios parts in WM are the tyipical of that era.
Decals were quite nice and rims/ wheels VERY nice. Tyres may benefit from replacement with other brand stuff.
Go S27 way with confidence
IMHO :D

Topic author
alesi27
F2
F2
Your Name: Roy
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles and Jean. The number 27 Ferrari...
Ireland

Post by alesi27 »

Thanks guys. It's the same wave one on eBay I'm looking at along with 2 S27 for sale here

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Hi Roy...
The Wave kit is definitely 1:24th... I'm not averse to 1:24th scale, but I do not like that scale for F1 kits...
I agree with jaykay, I have the 412T2 car kit by MFH, I do have both T1 and T2 kits by Studio27 as well...
The MFH 412T2 very well produced and goes together build nicely, bit of tweaking here and there, but you
get that with most kits, it looks excellent when finished... good luck Roy!!!

Steve
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Post by gilles.r »

alesi27 wrote:Before I pull the trigger on one of these kits can anyone recommend whether to get a ST27 or Wave kit? What are their respective strengths/weaknesses? I've never seen let alone built either brand. Resin and p/e is not an issue for me, neither is engine detail being mandatory.
In addition I've got the Revell kit of the T2 in the stash. How good/bad is it and are there tobacco decals there for it?

Thanks
Roy.
Hi Roy,

One for now here....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t724747661

enough cheap to support commissions, local fees etc ...of the local service you can find to bid in your name

Bye
Gilles

gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Gilles
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault and Ligier
France

Post by gilles.r »

Roy,
again me !

Mac was of a great help to supply MFH spare decals ...

Gilles

wallenstein
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Daniel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Czech Republic

Post by wallenstein »

Hi Roy (and all others),
If you you're looking for hard to find F1 multimedia kits (and not only those Ferraris from 1994 or 1995 which are actually in stock now), I can only recommend www.bluerace24.com. It's a well run and reliable online shop located in Germany. I'm speaking from my own experience!
Regards, Daniel