Badi
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Pierre Gasly
Brazil

Re: SAME SUBJECT, different SCALE?

Post by Badi »

tubegenius wrote:
Badi wrote:my collectin in 1/20...only possible because Tamiya and Michael Portaro....

Very nice! With Indycals, there are 20 possible builds (so far). What paint did you use for Piquet's car?
I used Flourescent Red, same as Mclarens....not sure if it is the right colour, but seems very good on the shelf...

I dont intend to have more indycars on my collection, but I still have 4 or 5 lola from Tamiya to be build, so if new decals apper that might be interesting. If new indycars kits come in 1/20, well so I would check if I will have interest on them, but assuming I have some quite good indycars from 1993, if new cars from 1993 come that will be enjoyable.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes, as I hnted on the first post, the idea is making some stuff that increases the possibilities of the Tamiya T9300. So, the question is again, considering we break our own rules and admit the "oddball" at 1/20, what would be the excuse for having more than one or two 1/20th Lolas?
Let's see, my idea was to make a trans for the '92 car. I love Rahal's car and it's tantalising having it at 1/20 as the Tamiya car is soo close. I asked this same question at openwheel (more Indycar) forum (some of you also "do a Mario", you now, combining presence at both forums) and we feel more or less the same. Variety of scales is bad, but we cannot resist that nice model.
So, in a nutshell: I though of making a basic trans (a tub upper half, a nose and an engine cover) for the 90 and/or 91 and/or '92 Lolas. Buuut also could think of a PC23, PC22, PC21 PC20, and even a Galmer.
BAsicly those who share a similar base with the Lola. You might even use the same wishbones in the case of the Penskes. The Lolas would keep their sidpods, even if they'd be 98% acurate only.
Sometimes I heard some say they'd love to have a '93 Penske to stand alongside Nigel/Mario's Lola. Also some dreamt here of a 1/20 PC23 and Michael said wisely that this had been 100 times commented, but never done.
So, when I make a model I share (yes, read "sell copies of" 8-)) for me it's sometimes more about someone being happy to see it than selling more (OK, both things may go together 8) :lol: ).
So, what would people prefer? Indy Winners or PPG Cup winners (Penskes vs LOlas), with the common place PC23...
The '92 Lola and the PC22 I'd surely do, but the rest?
Thanks for your answers, guys!! ;)

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

If there was a 1/20 valvoline car I'd like that. Love that livery.

tubegenius
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

Indycals has 12 speedway, and 8 road course liveries. The Valvoline is available in both.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yep surely the Lola 93 Valvoline is a "boom like that" option thanks to Michael's decals.
Jr. won at Vancouver with this one IIRC.
And his farewell season with Galles...
Last edited by JamesB on Sat May 09, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Never really thought of building indycars before but you might have me looking into it now.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

daveyman wrote:Never really thought of building indycars before but you might have me looking into it now.
So good that you get bugged!! :lol: :lol:
Honestly, it's nice to have two similar categories samples at same scale to compare.
:D