Ask away....

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Re: Plastic wish list

Post by vekkuli »

As I've mentioned before FW-08, FW-08C, MP4/14 and MP4/15 would do.

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

I'd like to see something an average wealthy person could race at a vintage meet. Only full detail. A Lotus 11 or 23b, Elva Porsche, Lola Mk1, cool looking FF ......not a 330p4 or D-type that only a drummer of Pink Floyd could afford.

po

GGSF1
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GGSF1 »

SebLeung wrote:It would be nice to have more modern F1 releases in plastic. I feel like it appeals to younger people more, which imo is important for the long term health of this hobby of ours. On platforms with a generally younger demographic such as Reddit and Instagram, the SF70H is a very popular kit. It's harder to be excited for cars that came 30 years before our lifetimes. I feel like anything driven by Max Verstappen could draw many young people into our hobby, going off of how well Minichamps's Verstappen models sell
I totally agree with this. I started watching Formula 1 as a kid, but that was in 2003, so for me, cars from the 70s, 80s and 90s that should be in my collection are these that are iconic, and many of them have been released in plastic already.

So my wish list would be focused on the period 2003 - present. What we already have is 3 cars from Tamiya, 2 cars from Ebbro (plus different versions of them) and a few more than Fujimi (mostly Ferraris). So there is plenty of choice. That's mine:
  • Any of the championship winning Renaults (or both!)
  • Backmarkers such as a Minardi or a Super Aguri
  • 2008 BMW Sauber (always liked this car)
  • 2008 Toro Rosso (Vettel's first win, plus I think it could be easily converted to the 2008 Red Bull just by using different decals)
  • 2009 Brawn
  • Any of the championship winning Mercedes

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I get your point, guys.... we gotta reckon the weight of the generation next to ours.
I remember when I was young (er) and my nowadays cars were mid eighties, I saw sixties' cars as "something for oldtimers".
That's a different scenario to WW2, where particular models are already a classic, no matter your age.

pstager
F2
F2
Your Name: Pat
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
United States of America

Post by pstager »

Though they seem to (understandably) be sticking to Italian subjects, I'd love it if Italeri added a Bugatti Type 35 to their line of 1/12 pre-war grand prix cars. This is an underrepresented era among major manufacturers, and the Type 35 is legendary. I'm working on the 8C 2300 Monza now, it's a great kit.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Any pre 1980 Lotus F1 car in 1/20 would do for me but what I really would like is a Maserati 250F so I can build a Jo Bonnier car