MFH contact

Ask away....

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: MFH contact

Post by donnieleblanc »

I tried that email address, and it worked! Unfortunately, MFH was not able to really help, saying that the seam on my part is just part of the variance of the production of the parts (the seam is not just a line you can sand off, it’s two halves of a cylinder that were molded together, but slightly off center - On my other MP4/8 it is not nearly as bad). They basically told me I had to fix the part myself. I’m OK with that though, because I understand that will always be an issue with white metal parts. It was just nice to get a response after all this time.

When I have more time, I will show you before and after’s of the scratch built part. I also think I’m gonna play around with the original to see if I can reshape it the way it should be.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

Glad you got a response at last. Seems like a nonsense answer to me though. Sure, I can accept that the white metal parts may not be perfect. But on a kit of that price, if they can't get a nice result in white metal, then make it from some other media instead. Can't be that difficult to include turned parts on a kit of that level surely..?
Steve Noble

daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Post by daves »

I asked Kyoko if it was ok that I posted her email. She got back to me quickly with a yes.

Dave.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

I have a few MFH kits in my stash including 1/20,24,12 and built three so far. The 1/24 a GTO was okaaaay, the 512S was the worst kit I've built so far. The biggest problem are the decals since they are totally out of scale. The Lotus 88 was really good with no much problems. Looking forward to my first 1/12 MFH build...

I think there is a lot to be desired like details missing, sometime poor quality of parts, bad decals and most of all the huge prices especially for 1/12...

To be a little sarcastic here, can someone remember the times when everbody were crazy about MG Models/Model Plus how amazing their models were and everybody had them and suddenly they are worth nearly nothing...

So MFH be careful not to end like that because there will be someone, someday that is better than you...for sure !?!

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

I think we need to keep things in perspective with regards to kit part quality. First the fact that these high detail kits exist is extraordinary. But secondly MFH is basically a family “Mom and Pop” business. The number of kits they sell per subject maybe in the hundreds. Ferrari’s are probably more. After subtracting cost of employees, materials, tools, and royalty charges to original teams etc. To add more machining will spiral these kit prices out of control.