MFH contact

Ask away....

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: MFH contact

Post by donnieleblanc »

PJE wrote:
daves wrote:This is the email that I have used for every exchange with MFH. kyoko@modelfactoryhiro.com
This is Kyoko Hiro's email and she has always gotten back to me within a few days. If I find a missing part or one I broke or lost
her response is quick in sending out the part.

Dave
That’s the address I’ve used. All I can say is she has not responded to me.

Paul Erlendson
Likewise. I have tried that address as well (twice) and have received no response. I’m happy for those who have received responses, but that hasn’t been my experience.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

I've always had a very quick and polite response from both of the emails posted earlier, however that was quite a few years ago and I haven't tried to contact them recently, so maybe things have changed now?
As for the kits themselves, I really hate white metal. It's a horrible, dirty material to prepare and I don't like working with it at all. That's mainly the reason why I've only ever bought two MFH kits (both 1/20th) one was the Brabham BT52B. I quickly sold it when Beemax released it in plastic. Never bought any of the 1/12th kits and never will. Scale doesn't appeal to me (too big when built, no space to display them) plus they are way too expensive, out of my budget for a model I'm afraid. Plus they're full of white metal parts which as I already mentioned I can't get on with. MFH do great resin, so I don't know why they use so much white metal? Probably a cost issue..
Steve Noble

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

Hi Steve, I bought the two MFH kits (MP4/8) as a reward for to myself for finishing up an MBA last year. I had no idea the kit would take longer than the degree. I took a “once in a lifetime and only for my favorite car“ approach to buying this.

There’s a ton of white metal on the kit, and some of it is actually quite poor. The front suspension cowling took me about 20 hours to mold, shape body, shape, reshape bake and then get to a perfect seamless result. But when you pay that much money for a kit, you’re going to want to get it as perfect as you can. The other issue with the white metal, is the suspension pieces tend to be completely molded as one large piece, making it impossible to paint. I tried to recast the part in resin, but the white metal piece is so weak, it bent and ultimately fractured. So I rebuilt it.

Ultimately, you can make these kits look Really good if you’re willing to put the time and patience into them. It wouldn’t hurt to have scratch building skills as well. My problem is you shouldn’t have to fix parts for a kit that cost over $560 United States dollars. That, coupled with the lack of customer response, makes them non-options for me in the future.You can buy a complete Top Studio set for a 1/12 kit, and get a far better result for a better price.

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Just contact the dealer you bought the kit from. With the Ferrari 312 I just finished, there was one part missing (a similar one was included twice, so I guess somewhere someone has the opposite problem). I contacted the dealer and they got the part with their next shipment from MFH and sent it to me.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

donnieleblanc wrote:My problem is you shouldn’t have to fix parts for a kit that cost over $560 United States dollars.
Totally agree 100%. But I'm not wanting to look like I'm bashing MFH, because I'm not. They make some excellent products and I know that a lot of the guys on here have bought many, many of the 1/12th kits. Personally I'd rather have a plastic kit as they are much better value for money in my opinion. But to be honest plastic vs multi media is like comparing apples and oranges, very different kits. I still believe if there was an option, plastic or multi media, most would go for plastic. People build multi media because sometimes it's the only game in town..
Steve Noble

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

Steve - I agree and I probably am coming off as overly critical. I typically don’t comment on every injection sink mark and fit issue on a Tamiya Kit, to be fair.

I typically like the F1 subjects MFH choose to produce. I’m just disappointed in my particular experience.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

donnieleblanc wrote:Steve - I agree and I probably am coming off as overly critical.
No, not at all. I think bearing in mind the price of those 1/12th subjects, the fact that you're spending hundreds of dollars/pounds on them, one should expect a top quality product. If, as you stated, the quality is not what you expect for the price, you have every reason to be disappointed..
Steve Noble

Roncla
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by Roncla »

SteveNoble wrote:I've always had a very quick and polite response from both of the emails posted earlier, however that was quite a few years ago and I haven't tried to contact them recently, so maybe things have changed now?
As for the kits themselves, I really hate white metal. It's a horrible, dirty material to prepare and I don't like working with it at all. That's mainly the reason why I've only ever bought two MFH kits (both 1/20th) one was the Brabham BT52B. I quickly sold it when Beemax released it in plastic. Never bought any of the 1/12th kits and never will. Scale doesn't appeal to me (too big when built, no space to display them) plus they are way too expensive, out of my budget for a model I'm afraid. Plus they're full of white metal parts which as I already mentioned I can't get on with. MFH do great resin, so I don't know why they use so much white metal? Probably a cost issue..
I've got way to many MFH kits here in both scales and their presentation of the white metal parts all jammed together in only one or two zip lock bags leaves a lot to be desired too.
I up end the bags on to a tray then spend hours doing an inventory to ensure everything is there, and straightening all the bent out of shape pieces.
I've only ever had two issues with missing parts and both times the issue was sorted by MFH in a timely manner.
With the ever rising price of the kits landed here and my local Customs being more active in holding the kits for ransom they have become cost prohibitive.

fatfrog
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Hong Kong

Post by fatfrog »

MFH's web email was hit by virus and no longer work. They switched to Gmail : mfh.cus@gmail.com

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

fatfrog wrote:MFH's web email was hit by virus and no longer work. They switched to Gmail : mfh.cus@gmail.com
Thank you for that info!