Topic author
vassa
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari. Or any Australian driver
Australia

MFH contact

Post by vassa »

Does anyone have a contact email for MFH. I’ve tried using the one I had but no luck.
Thanks.
Regards Wayne

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: MFH contact

Post by SteveNoble »

Steve Noble

Topic author
vassa
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari. Or any Australian driver
Australia

Post by vassa »

Thanks Steve.
Has anyone been having trouble contacting them. I have sent several emails the past few weeks, with no reply.
Regards Wayne

GT-F2
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by GT-F2 »

vassa wrote:Thanks Steve.
Has anyone been having trouble contacting them. I have sent several emails the past few weeks, with no reply.
I have sent lots of emails to that address and they never replied once. I even sent the messages from a different email address in case my originals had gone into their junk folder.

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

I have tried that email address at least four times, and two other addresses a few times, and I have gotten no response.

I was trying to request replacement parts for my MP4/8, because the front dampers were molded quite poorly (I have a thread on this somewhere). My email was polite and courteous and in no way was critical. Perhaps they simply don’t want to respond to emails about replacement part requests.

In the end, I wound up scratch building the parts. I was able to achieve a better result. However, I was pretty dismayed. The MP4/8 is my favorite F1 car ever, and the first F1 car I built-in 1/20 scale.

Now I will be critical. I used to be excited when MFH dropped hints about a new release and I would try to guess it like everybody else. I was so excited about the MP4/8, I initially bought two kits and thought about buying a third (Version C - Australia). Now, I really don’t care. I will never buy another one of their products, but mainly because of their lack of response.

Even for an experienced multi media builder, their kits need a lot of rework to get a flawless result. I’ve built many (dozens) MM kits, so I know resin and white metal kits often need much prep and work to get even a passable result. But given the poor quality of some of the parts and the company’s lack of response, I can’t see spending any more money on their kits, even if it were something like a Jordan 191 or a Benetton B192 or B193 which I think would be awesome in 1/12 scale.

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

Yup. I’ve tried at least 3 times this year attempting to contact them using addresses that I have successfully used before. They just don’t answer.

PAul Erlendson

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

Yup - agree, i have asked for a spare tyre for the SF70h . A build for a customer - after weeks i got a short answer: we dot sell tires. Paying a lot of money for a kit and zero support is the result!

daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Post by daves »

This is the email that I have used for every exchange with MFH. kyoko@modelfactoryhiro.com
This is Kyoko Hiro's email and she has always gotten back to me within a few days. If I find a missing part or one I broke or lost
her response is quick in sending out the part.

Dave

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

daves wrote:This is the email that I have used for every exchange with MFH. kyoko@modelfactoryhiro.com
This is Kyoko Hiro's email and she has always gotten back to me within a few days. If I find a missing part or one I broke or lost
her response is quick in sending out the part.

Dave
That’s the address I’ve used. All I can say is she has not responded to me.

Paul Erlendson

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

They sent me a replacement BT52 windscreen by return of post. Couldn’t have been more helpful!