1/12 Ferrari 312t4

Ask away....

Topic author
87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

1/12 Ferrari 312t4

Post by 87bmwm6 »

so I managed to finish the Tamiya 1/12 312t and it on to the 312T4 I have both the Tamiya and Protar kits. I'm trying to decide which one to build. I know the Tamiys kit will build into a wonderful build, but the Protar is intriguing to me. It has lots of screwed together parts. The two body shells have a lot of differences also. I have the haynes manual and a CD from Thunder valley F1 that came with his 312T4 wheel set. It took 6 months to get the wheel set, but it is very nice for the price. Love that turned aluminum rim look.....so what are thoughts on the Protar kit? I also have the 312T5 which I will build after the T4....

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Re: 1/12 Ferrari 312t4

Post by Alex_Kung »

In my opinion the Protar kit is not as nice as the Tamiya kit and the parts will not fit as well together. Also with the screws you will have to somehow try and hide them as they are not in scale and will ruin the apprearance of your finished model.

The tires in the Protar kit are normally not as nice as the Tamiya ones.

If I had to build only one I wold do the Tamiya. If I had both I would build both at the same time.

I have the Protar 312T5 and never got the 312T4 as I already had the Tamiya kit.