Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Co van der Gragt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Greg Moore helmet

Post by Cootje555 »

Hi all,

I Know it is a long shot, but maybe someone here can help me.
And I know it is not F1 Modelling related, so moderator, remove the post if not appropreate.
I am planning a Greg Moore replica helmet based on a Simpson Shark Super Speedway helmet.
But I need the Player's logo, the Indeck logo, player's forsythe racing logo as a vector file to make the airbrush templates.
So Illustator, EPS, PDF files will do.
Is anyone here able to help me with those?
Help will be most appreciated.

Greetz Co

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Greg Moore helmet

Post by Noddy »

I doubt you will get anywhere with this but Greg Moore's helmets were painted by Troy Lee Designs. I think it is a very very long shot but you could try contacting Troy Lee and asking. Otherwise I think you need to learn to make them yourself or find a graphic artist to do it for you.

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

I couldn‘t find any of those logos, maybe someone else might have more luck.

In the meantime I suggest to contact F1M member Indycals, he already makes 1999 Reynard's decals, so he might help you with the crash helmet decals too. Doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.indycals.net/decals/indy/99players.html
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
Cootje555
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Co van der Gragt
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Post by Cootje555 »

Thanks for your reply!
I just asked Michael.
And I can try Troy Lee.
Somehow it is difficult to find high resolution pictures too.
I am very well capable to draw the graphics, but for that i need the high res. pictures.
So if anyone has those, it will be helpful as well

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by indygp2001 »

Wow - that was really terrible what happened to Greg Moore. He was definitely the next real awesome Canadian driver, and his life was cut way too short. Before he died, I had pre-ordered his 1/18 die-cast Indycar, and felt terrible when I got the model as it was right after he died. It was such a weird feeling holding that model - and I still have it (the sick part was watching all the $@^# bags selling this very model on EPAY immediately after he passed away)...when I get home tonight I think I might just go pull his model out of my vault and display it as a tribute to him.
If you need any pics of the model, let me know - 'not sure how detailed the driver figure helmet is - but if you need pics let me know.