FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

M@r!b*r* Script on Tamiya F189 20024?

Post by vanhookvintage »

Hey All,

I'm just starting the above kit, from the September 1989 Portuguese GP. The kit's decals for the chevrons behind the driver's shoulders and in front of the windscreen don't have the M@r!b*r* script, just a blank white field. But I saw some LAT images on the internet from the race and both #27 and #28 cars have the M@r!b*r* script in the white field below the chevrons.

Can anyone confirm if they (the LAT images) are correct?

If so, does anyone out there have a set with M@r!b*r* script for sale? I see Spot Model has a Shunko full decal set for pre-order for 11.65 Euro. Would like to avoid paying so much. :shock: :oops: :shock:

Thanks and cheers!
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Topic author
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
United States of America

Re: M@r!b*r* Script on Tamiya F189 20024?

Post by vanhookvintage »

Well, I answered my first question, as every other ciggie-sponsored car at the 1989 Portuguese race clearly had their sponsorship logos.

So, now, I just need the chevrons with the M@r!b*r* script. I hope someone can help.

TIA,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Greg, as you say, yes the car raced in Portugal with full tobacco livery. The model could be made to represent the car as it ran in Britain or Germany that year with no M@r!b*r* wording. Wings would maybe need a little altering to suit the spec.

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

For my F1 89 Portuguese version, I used Berger's tobacco logo from Tabu decals "F1 87/88C Option", since I did not need the full set.

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/48711.html

The 1987, 1988, 1989 Ferraris chevrons with the tobacco logo and driver's name are the same size. Since 1990 they got bigger, so if you can find any of those you can save money. That is if you are happy with Berger's name, if you need Mansell's then I cannot see any alternative than buying the Shunko set or print the M@r!b*r* logo yourself (I have done this too and the result was fine)!
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

lep
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Stephane
Canada

Post by lep »

Anyone make these in 1/12? In the MFH 640 F1-89 these are completely missing.