F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Eric Evain
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost
France

Problem with HLJ website ?

Post by Eric1968 »

Hello everybody.
Since sunday, it's impossible for me to log at my HLJ account. It's also impossible to reset the password. Is anybody experienced an issue with HLJ?
Eric

Alex0077
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Problem with HLJ website ?

Post by Alex0077 »

I had reseted my password and all is OK then.

Deegee13
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: David Gillyon
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nigel Mansell
Great Britain

Post by Deegee13 »

Eric1968 wrote:Hello everybody.
Since sunday, it's impossible for me to log at my HLJ account. It's also impossible to reset the password. Is anybody experienced an issue with HLJ?
Eric
I have not had a problem, but, to ask another question about HLJ, (which I have been meaning to do for a while) I have felt for some time that the site is not what it was, their availability of kits etc. seems to have dropped off a lot.

Does anyone know if it has a new owner?

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Not that I'm aware of...

E
Deegee13 wrote:
Eric1968 wrote:Hello everybody.
Eric
I have not had a problem, but, to ask another question about HLJ, (which I have been meaning to do for a while) I have felt for some time that the site is not what it was, their availability of kits etc. seems to have dropped off a lot.

Does anyone know if it has a new owner?

Roncla
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
New Zealand

Post by Roncla »

I had to do the password reset too and after that I've had no further issues.There is a thread from July 1 on their Facebook page where others have been venting about issues following their so called "site upgrade "

iamf1
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't really have a favorite driver or team. I used to, but not any more.
United States of America

Post by iamf1 »

HLJ do random unnecessary site upgrades/updates and it always has a problem after that.
They have not fixed problems they had the last time they changed it and they change it again. It is annoying me and I deal with them on a daily basis.
I email them and express my concerns every time they make a change. Does it help.....sometimes.

On the point about the stock they carry, yes, there is a big difference to how it used to be. Some problems are that the manufacturers don't have stock and probably don't plan on re-making some kits. Others just produce a limited amount now and once they are gone that's it.
Also for the amount of items on the website it would be millions of dollars worth of inventory to have it all on hand. They have learned that they can get some items in a couple of days so no need to have their money tied up in so much stock

I believe they are catering more to the Japanese market these days as I see more Anime related items.

Companies like Good Smile only seem to be putting their name on built models, no kits. And going with 1:43 more.

HLJ is getting more and more into 1:64 and smaller. The website is full of it.

Hope that answers some questions.

Mac
Facebook: Arizona Racing Models

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

Before I used to be able to see if a specific model was produced by using their search functions.

However I am finding that a lot of kits are missing. Even if a kit was no longer in production at least I know one was made.

I recently did a search for the Fujimi McLaren MP4/5 and the kit didn't show up. Decal sheets and aftermarket PE sheets did show up.

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

I’ve been having problems logging too. I finally was able to reset my password just now.

Paul Erlendson

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
United States of America

Post by f1m »

The password reset is probably a good idea given the stated reason. You really want to properly and securely store passwords... and I believe its been shown that certain techniques have proven unreliable.

Eric
PJE wrote:I’ve been having problems logging too. I finally was able to reset my password just now.

Paul Erlendson

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Same issue here. It took HLJ overnight to get the reset email to me and then Outlook thought is was spam. Once I reset the password everything worked fine.
Yes I agree that HLJ is not what it once was, but then what hobby outlet is. They use to be the source of all kinds of things, but I have to believe that manufactures are cutting way back and a much more great stuff in now coming out of garages(a guy with a 3D printer), and it is available through outlets like Shapeways and others.