Issues with Gravity Color - USA...

Info on hobby shops.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Issues with Gravity Color - USA...

Post by danibear »

First of all, there are two Gravity Colors: the USA one and the Spain one. I am only complaining the USA one. I 100% admit that Gravity Color products are top quality.

Not sure if Gravity Color - USA is still in business (or they even care)....

I placed one order at September 1, order# 11401, also placed a second order at October 13, order# 11558. Took my money but no shipment.

Called Gravity Color at November 13, the reception guy is nice and created a USPS shipping label. However, more than 2 weeks later, still shows "awaiting items". LOL.....

Now, it's even better, no phone call answers at all, I called them many many times this week, and left several voice messages....no response at all....

OK, ok, I know the excuse is software system error, but, it sounds a little awful familiar since last year....LMAO.... I have to admit this is my fault to try to purchase from them again since my identical extremely unpleasant experience last year... For a small business, a system error that prevents you from seeing your customers' orders... for a least one year..... "amazing"...

Some nice member helped me out by directly communicated with the owner last year, may I have this luxury once more? I grantee this will be definitely the last time to bother you....because this will be my last purchase from gravity color in my life!
Last edited by danibear on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: Can anyone help me to contact Gravity Color in Florida U

Post by CTurbert »

I can't help you with contact information, but I recommend switching over to Splash Paints. He usually ships the same day and I've had very positive experiences with their products.
Last edited by CTurbert on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I did a paypal dispute and was able to get a shipment quickly after waiting a month. The product is great but the customer service is lacking.

Second going with Splash, Sam is great! Lets make sure this doesn't just turn into a Gravity bashing thread though.

Roncla
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by Roncla »

I've been reading nothing but negativity about Gravity Colors USA for some time now.

An important point is there are actually two Gravity Colors. The Spanish parent company and the American distributer who apparently has gone rogue.

https://gravity-colors.com

https://www.gravitycolors.com

Gravity Colors Spain say they now have no relationship with their former American distributor.

I've heard positive things about the Spanish Gravity Colors and have just placed my first order so I can only wait now and see what eventuates.

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

VintageRPM wrote:Do not use Gravity Colors USA - they are no longer associated with the parent company in Europe.
Their customer service has been attrocious, which is why they got the boot. I have no idea what paint they are selling now.
(Don't off-hand know the proper web site URL to use.)

Sadly, yes.... The USA one...

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

stubeck wrote:I did a paypal dispute and was able to get a shipment quickly after waiting a month. The product is great but the customer service is lacking.

Second going with Splash, Sam is great! Lets make sure this doesn't just turn into a Gravity bashing thread though.

I will try Splash paint, looks nice. Also they have 2k grey and black prime, nice!

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

You can also file a complaint with the BBB. That's what it took me to get my order.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

leafs004 wrote:You can also file a complaint with the BBB. That's what it took me to get my order.
Will do this weekend, sigh~~~

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

The Facebook page for the USA version of Gravity Colors and the owner's personal timeline both appear to be gone.

As far as bashing, there's 2 sides to the story about the split between the 2 Gravity Colors so don't assume that either were blameless.

Regarding contact information I do have that for the Florida location but it won't be posted publicly. If someone needs it as a last resort they may ask nicely for it but I'd suggest pursuing them through Paypal, your credit card company, your bank, etc as being more useful.

baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Post by baggen »

Ordered some paint's from Gravity Colors in Spain in september. Highly recommended!!! Fast deliveries, easy to contact thru their chat if you have any questions.

//Paul