FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: Negative feedback on vendor

Post by indycals »

Malcolm wrote:
I just looked at the PayPal site and can see that you have to claim a refund within 180 days (and I'm just over that limit).
Bummer :( This post is too late for you, but I'm saying this speaking as a vendor. Sometimes someone will order something that I have out of stock. I will tell them, give them an ETA and offer to refund the payment on that item until it's in stock. If something is farther out than I can forecast (rare) I will automatically refund payment. If a seller is not responding - file a paypal claim. (It's possible that they aren't getting the communications but a claim will get their attention). If a seller keeps giving you excuses - ask for a refund and tell them you'll pay when it's available. Any reputable seller will agree to this. If they balk - contact paypal. If you don't have your goods within a month - get on it!

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Icon_Modeler wrote: I personally think that it is BS that there is not somewhere here at F1M that a buyer can not document his buying experience without fear of the thread being locked or deleted. I've suggested this before but nothing ever happens.

An even bigger BS situation is when a member gets themselves put into Purgatory through their own actions, then complain later that they don't get a fair chance to have their say.

They then play the victim card and make idle threats instead of shutting up and getting themselves out of the trouble they got themselves into.

Without pointing accusing fingers, all we can do at this stage is make everyone BUYER BEWARE. A quick Google search and a few minutes spent researching shows several instances of identical trouble experienced elsewhere.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

Icon_Modeler wrote: I personally think that it is BS that there is not somewhere here at F1M that a buyer can not document his buying experience without fear of the thread being locked or deleted. I've suggested this before but nothing ever happens.
Wholeheartedly agree. As long as complaints are civil and the complainant can back up their claims I think it is an essential part of a community like F1M.

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

Noddy wrote: Wholeheartedly agree. As long as complaints are civil and the complainant can back up their claims I think it is an essential part of a community like F1M.
Problem is...it never stays civil. There are two vendors that I would gladly take a flame thrower to, but that would not be civil. Money is hard earned, and letting go of it without receiving items paid for makes all of us a little "Grumpy" to put it mildly.

I have asked about pinning a buyer beware post, I know it would have helped many here, but the question is...would it have put F1M in Legal Jeopardy.

I know there are other forums that have something similar, and they are still alive and well.

I think Dr. E. is looking into this "legality issue"

I don't know why it would be any different than a "review site" that are very prevalent out on the inter-webs.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 87bmwm6 »

been waiting on a set of "in stock rims" since March 28......

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

That's way too long - if you paid, act now.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Surely there's the chance of googling opinions and reviews about products and vendors, but buyer often gets carried by the will to buy, the excitement and thrill.
God and bad reviews may be used with god will but also with evil intentions, that's why (I suppose) laws are conservative and guaranteeing.

Surely a site administrator has got to be on the safe side.
Let's see: you can even set a place where opinins and BEWAREs are showed, even if euphemistically to avid trouble, yet having the risk.... and yet some buyer will send money without seeing it.

h.kruithof
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Harm
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Emerson Fittipaldi
Netherlands

Post by h.kruithof »

As I recently lost GBP 110 to a fellow member who took the money and ran I asked Paypal what they could do for me. Their reply: contact the seller, which is no option as he plays deaf and mute. On his request I transfered the money to his E-mail-address and I shouldn’t have done that. Can anyone tell me how to pay for goods by Paypal so that you are entitled to buyer protection?

Harm

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

h.kruithof wrote:As I recently lost GBP 110 to a fellow member who took the money and ran I asked Paypal what they could do for me. Their reply: contact the seller, which is no option as he plays deaf and mute. On his request I transfered the money to his E-mail-address and I shouldn’t have done that. Can anyone tell me how to pay for goods by Paypal so that you are entitled to buyer protection?

Harm
Harm,

Did you do a payment for goods by Paypal? Then you can get your money back by starting a claim.

Do you have your Paypal account linked to a credit card? Then you can try to contact the Credit Card firm to start a claim.
Even if it is not covered by Paypal buyer protection. E.g. you transferred money to a friend.
I managed it this way once.

Good luck.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

Tyrone
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tyrone
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: James Hunt
Great Britain

Post by Tyrone »

h.kruithof wrote:As I recently lost GBP 110 to a fellow member who took the money and ran I asked Paypal what they could do for me. Their reply: contact the seller, which is no option as he plays deaf and mute. On his request I transfered the money to his E-mail-address and I shouldn’t have done that. Can anyone tell me how to pay for goods by Paypal so that you are entitled to buyer protection?

Harm
Instead of using the 'friends and family' option, use the 'payment for goods and services' option

The seller may ask you to pay 4% to cover the business charge PayPal charges but it's worth it in my opinion.