Beautiful New Tamiya Release Coming; What is it?

For all F1 scale model news...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Beautiful New Tamiya Release Coming; What is it?

Post by Icon_Modeler »

SeanMAIN wrote:
scaleautofactory wrote:
SeanMAIN wrote:I would like to see the Collector Club Porsche GT as a kit. Or any of the Ferrari’s. But that’s not a new kit.
The Porsche Carrera GT and the Ferrari Enzo already available as 1/12 kits - relased years ago.
Weren’t those partially built kits? If so, I meant fully unbuilt kits.
Noop. They have released both Partially assembled was the first release then they released them as full kits. Has to be 5-6 years ago now that the kits came out. You must have had blinders on :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol:
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Clearly, I do! Thanks for the head up. Had no clue. I’ve been here(F1M) a long time and I’ve never seen even a mention.

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

SeanMAIN wrote:Clearly, I do! Thanks for the head up. Had no clue. I’ve been here(F1M) a long time and I’ve never seen even a mention.
Mentioned here quite several times..... as a matter of fact, I just mentioned it in the MFH new November 1/12 McLaren F1 GTR thread.

Just a hands up, I built the 1/12 Carrera GT kit about 5 years ago, "good 1/12 base kit for super detailing", if you just build it OOB, then not so impressive....

I have once owned a 1/12 Enzo, but sold it as not so impressive about the big Tamiya plastic details, I mean quite poor quality compared with their 1/24 ones.... just my 2 cents you may like it.

Used to be a lot 1/12 Enzo detail up parts from KA Model, Top Stuido, now most of them have vanished.... You certainly miss them.....

Best wish to find ones now. :D

leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

Now the 288 gto as a kit would be awesome, but not holding my breath as I don’t look good turning purple.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by donnieleblanc »

It looks like MFH is doing the 1/20 Sato Indy 2020 winner...

https://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/hpgen/ ... s/285.html

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

leafs004 wrote:Now the 288 gto as a kit would be awesome, but not holding my breath as I don’t look good turning purple.
I would be interested in that too. Next to the F40 and the 308, for obvious reasons, the most beautiful "modern" Ferrari. Actually all of those can be registered as historic vehicles these days... (+30y old).
I read something of fitment issues on the Enzo kit, as they, apparently were just the sprues normally used for the prebuilt models with such tight tolerances as to not allow extra paint or whatnot. I'm not sure that's true, but it almost sounds like snap-fit Bandai stuff.

On the what model could it be - I have no clue. It would be interesting to see some 1/32 scale planes that used to be designed by WNW but have not come to light before due to them going bust this past March. However, I am not aware of any past dealings / toolings of Tamiya for WNW, unlike Meng. So I'm not sure if I should buy into that thought. The thing about the channel, where the "info" was posted is into everything, armor, planes, cars, so it could really be anything. In the end it's going to be the Space-X Falcon Heavy or whatever and we'd all be stumped. Cool, but not expected by anyone. Just saying.
Cheers,
Roman

wixy500
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't have a set "favourite"
Australia

Post by wixy500 »

PJE wrote:Takuma Sato 1/20 scale Indy 500 winner? 8)

Paul Erlendson
I won't be holding my breath on this one - but man, wouldn't it be good! As a bonus, could do lots of variations with aftermarket decals.
Mark Wicks
http://www.wixy500.com
^ my model site/blog ^

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

This was released yesterday during their garage sale along with some other 1:20 and 1/24 kits. They announced these kits will be available abroad later as they did with previous hobby show specials.

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

Here is my crazy thought of the day on a Tamiya new release, not so much a wish, just a thought. They have been lately re-releasing their 934-935 series of cars. That chassis could do almost any mid 1970's to sometime in 1980's 911 or 911 turbo. So there you go, they tool a body without the racing flares and do a street 911, probably a 911 Turbo in 1/12. They would need quite a few parts but I would guess they could retain most of the engine, suspension all of the interior tub parts, do the trunk detail, the street parts to go on the motor and there you go a street 911 turbo. Now that would be big, beautiful and i would think have a lot of demand.

tifosi157
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by tifosi157 »

mercedes amg f1 W11 EQ performance