Beautiful New Tamiya Release Coming; What is it?

For all F1 scale model news...

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: Beautiful New Tamiya Release Coming; What is it?

Post by indycals »

cbk57 wrote:I don't see it as likely, or even realistic, however I have always wanted them to issue a kit version of the 1/12 GTO. I think the idea crazy in part, but interesting is Takuma Satos indy winner in 1/12. It would have the benefit that almost any contemporary indy car could be modeled from it. So it is at least an interesting thought. I have been hoping Tamiya would do his car in 1/20. I just could not have been happier for his second win. His first one I was really pulling for Fernando Alonso in that race but he went out as I recall with a rash of honda engine failures.
I was pretty stunned they didn't do his 2017 winner - I mean a Japanese driver and a Honda engine... perfect recipe right there. But there was a 1/20 kit of that car that did appear.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

bossy122 wrote:Maybe they'll get back into MotoGP kits. And hopefully rerelease a bunch of the older kits to alieviate the crazy asking prices on the bay.
I would love to see this years silver and blue Suzuki that Rins has just clinched the MGP Championship with.
It's fun how these things rapidly mute to a wish list!! :lol: I am with you, bossy: please more MotoGP!! :D
I tend to balance modeling things. So I think we are reasonably well served of recent F1, WRC, Sport... so yes the current Indycar would be nice... for those who like it! :mrgreen: I would not take it, but I would be happy for you guys!
So please Moto GP.
But honestly no Suzuki. Why? we, ahem, first because I am making my own one. :roll: :wink: but the thing is that honestly it's easy to make with an M1. Hondas vary little, so the 2013 one is still "usable". Same for the Yamaha M1. The 2009 Tamiya can still be turned into curret stuff. There are really nice KTMs available as die casts (really good and cheap!), so the hole I find is the Ducatis. Not even Minichamps has the recent ones. So a nice 2018-2020 one would be really great as it would allow to make versions from 2017 to the present.
I want somethng as versatile as that FW07! :lol: :lol:

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

The 1/20 1990 Leyton House F1 reissue at last :P . Oh, It has a delivery Date of Dec. 12 at Spotmodel, well He believes who wants :wink: .

goodyear
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by goodyear »

If It is F1 and a new release then It must be Japanese manufacturing most likely Honda, So that involves either Torro Rosso or a Redbull from the modern era.
I like it !

DiemenRacer
Midfield
Midfield

Post by DiemenRacer »

I hope it is a car or bike but Andy seems to only get really excited about military vehicles. Is there a good modeling channel on YouTube that does cars and bikes? I enjoy having the Florymodel channel on when I am working, learned a lot of tips from them but they are mainly military vehicles as well. Although I have gotten into 1/32 planes recently I need some incentive to attack my 1/20 F1 stash.
Mark

TvD
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tim
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lando Norris and McLaren
New Zealand

Post by TvD »

Why not a 1/24 scale subject.... Toyota is pretty dominant in the WRC as well you know?
My Scalemodel gallery: https://photos.keepturningleft.com

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

DiemenRacer wrote:I hope it is a car or bike but Andy seems to only get really excited about military vehicles. Is there a good modeling channel on YouTube that does cars and bikes? I enjoy having the Florymodel channel on when I am working, learned a lot of tips from them but they are mainly military vehicles as well. Although I have gotten into 1/32 planes recently I need some incentive to attack my 1/20 F1 stash.
Mark
There are a couple car and bike builders on youtube. Where Andy stands out is not is specific interest in tanks, or military, but that he gets some surprises from Tamiya and they are letting him lead some of their product announcements or get sample kits before we see it anywhere else. In his video he got the new T-34 85 in 1/48. I had not seen anything on that, I think he legit got that before it was announced by Tamiya or anyone else. He seems to be their chosen vehicle for the US market right now to lead their new product hype.

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

If it's anything automotive, in any scale, I'd be surprised. They've not done anything remotely interesting in any scale in automotive for so long, here's hoping. A 1/24th Toyota Yaris WRC would be nice...
Steve Noble

Badi
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Pierre Gasly
Brazil

Post by Badi »

I think it is something on 1/32. But chance to be Takuma Sato, indycar, or anything on wheels....,no chamce

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Another P34 for the 10th time?