For all F1 scale model news...

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Re: MFH April 2020 1/12 news

Post by sky1911 »

On the resin doors.. hm. It sure looks like the major door part has been primed, so you can't tell. But the window frame is WM, which makes me wonder if maybe this is just an "add-on" piece that you slot into the door or if the entire door is, again, made of WM. If it is the latter, I wonder why they didn't prime the frame as well. I guess we'll see soon enough.
Cheers,
Roman

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/33396
The building of the model is looking very good. As always very fast progress.
Br
Allan

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

After the primered body i expected to see a full WIP, but obviously not. Looking forward to the final steps on it.
Take a stand!

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by jmpsebring »

My gosh that's a cool car!

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

smbrm1 wrote: An extra shelf/hardware or two for this display case would make it ideal for model display. Problem is that IKEA doesn’t sell extra parts for this unit. It’s not that they don’t exist. Perhaps an appeal to Ikea would provide some traction?
The hardware to put in extra shelves already exists! On Ebay or Thingiverse for 3D printed brackets or in your local hardware shop for wire rope shackles that work but are fiddly to fit and look a bit crude. The same guy who makes the 3D printed brackets on Ebay also makes and sells additional shelves from clear acrylic although I don't think he ships those very far and he's in England. Any local glass shop can cut shelves for you and nicely polish the edges.
There are even people on Ebay and probably Etsy making risers to bring the Detolf up off the floor and also plans for custom bases to turn 2 or 3 Detolf cabinets into a single unit.
Not to mention lighting kits. They really are a wonderful solution for modelers, figure collectors, etc.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Model is finished and i`m surprised, looks realy like resin doors this time! Only the front bonet is made from white metal, but this should be easy to fix if there are fitting issues, only bad for painting. The pics from the primered bodywork are gone, now you can see clearly resin with a white metal frame for the doors, hope they move on that way and bring us complete resin bodyworks in future.
Take a stand!

Topic author
TvD
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Tim
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lando Norris and McLaren
New Zealand

Post by TvD »

Noddy wrote:
smbrm1 wrote: An extra shelf/hardware or two for this display case would make it ideal for model display. Problem is that IKEA doesn’t sell extra parts for this unit. It’s not that they don’t exist. Perhaps an appeal to Ikea would provide some traction?
The hardware to put in extra shelves already exists! On Ebay or Thingiverse for 3D printed brackets or in your local hardware shop for wire rope shackles that work but are fiddly to fit and look a bit crude. The same guy who makes the 3D printed brackets on Ebay also makes and sells additional shelves from clear acrylic although I don't think he ships those very far and he's in England. Any local glass shop can cut shelves for you and nicely polish the edges.
There are even people on Ebay and probably Etsy making risers to bring the Detolf up off the floor and also plans for custom bases to turn 2 or 3 Detolf cabinets into a single unit.
Not to mention lighting kits. They really are a wonderful solution for modelers, figure collectors, etc.
Thanks for the heads-up! I've been looking for a good solution and these brackets look ideal!
My Scalemodel gallery: https://photos.keepturningleft.com

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Instructions are here in a high resolution. And the model looks ultra-detailed. No color references - but I can live with that.
https://www.club-barchetta.com/SHOP/K740.html
:D :D :D :D :D
Br
Allan

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

allnie wrote:Instructions are here in a high resolution. And the model looks ultra-detailed. No color references - but I can live with that.
Looks very nice indeed. I need at least one maybe two :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

allnie wrote:Instructions are here in a high resolution. And the model looks ultra-detailed. No color references - but I can live with that.
Wow that is a great looking model. Thank you for keeping us updated!