MFH March 2020 1/12 news

For all F1 scale model news...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: MFH March 2020 1/12 news

Post by Icon_Modeler »

jaykay wrote:
Icon_Modeler wrote:
jaykay wrote:Nope, that's a different car.
The pictures are from a 2001. The 2003 LeMans winner is very different in shape.
Hiro wouldn't do this instead of a winner, although this is the better looking one :-)
Audi R8C :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you believe the book i have: no.
But certainly closer than the 2003.
What's the book? I may be interested!! :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Br
Allan

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Icon_Modeler wrote: What's the book? I may be interested!! :D
This one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bentley-At-Man ... ks&sr=1-49

I wouldn't pay 105 bucks for it though :-)

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

jaykay wrote:I wouldn't pay 105 bucks for it though :-)
I wouldn't either!!! Good thing I already have it :D :D Thanks for the info just the same. :wink: :wink:
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

Interested to see that the doors on the Bentley are shown taped to the bodywork as obviously they dont fit on their own.

After the 917 and 956, I would say, "Never try to bend metal doors to fit surrounding bodywork". It is essentially impossible unless the fit is VERY close to perfect to start with. I made this mistake with the 917 and ended up wasting many hours before deciding to separate the window surrounds from the rest of the doors and get both parts to fit individually and then join them back together. Only one of them now opens - and only if I am being very careful!

I dont know if others have found a better way to do this but even in hindsight I am convinced it was the only way to NOT have gaps of several millimetres in places around the door. With the 956, I am building up around the doors with filler where they are too high - or sanding down the surrounding bodywork where it is too low. However after the 917, I still regard this exercise as the lesser of two evils....

acer709
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: David Atkin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams/Senna
Great Britain

Post by acer709 »

Hugo,
Interesting comments on the doors.
I managed to get mine to fit quite reasonably on the 917 but it took a bit of time!
I taped them down for a week or two which seems to help!

lala40l
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by lala40l »

Pitty it isn't the 2001 or 2002 version with the scoop on the roof. Think it looks better. Nevertheless I will build this one, as I did for the 1/24th scale.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Totaly boring to see they made the same mistakes on every kit they do! Don`t know if they don`t understand that or what`s going on at MFH.
To mix bodyparts in resin and white metal does not work for several reasons, but obviously they don`t learn or take care cause of a few $ they can safe that way.
This mix of different materials allways cause problems, if it is the fitting or the difference in the paint finaly, this way brings problems for sure!
One thing i see in comparsion to their first models is the lack of machined and etched parts, and obviously with every new release, the quality sinks a bit more. At this stage i see so much white metal parts casted as one piece that i realy have to think about getting one, no matter if this is one of my favorite models. I`m not willing to pay such an amount of money for a kit where half of the parts have to be replaced to get a detailed model, no way. MFH seems to take not care of this and is getting more and more profit directed, what a shame! I would not be surprised if the shape of the car has again mistakes like on the Bugatti.
Take a stand!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

...same here. I see the brake discs and have to think about what Perfect Parts and Top Studio did. The MFH discs can go straight in the bin...really sad

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

jaydar wrote:I should have got the 488!!
Joe.
I think that's the one I regret not buying - but I was put off by the lack of engine and then even more put off when the transkit was announced and then gone before you could blink.