cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Re: Meng 1/12 Ford GT40 MkII

Post by cbk57 »

The photos above look increadible. The detail you can see is crude in a few spots but by and large is amazing.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

I like what I see. But i DON'T like that they choose a subject which ALREADY exist in plastic from Trumpeter. In my book it is stupid to do such a big project - considering that the Trumpeter kit is not an 50 years old tooling - but quite recent. It reminds me of the most stupid - when Tamiya, Protar and Heller did almost the same 1/12 Renault Turbo kit. There are endless number of subjects - so please don't do what already exist as a decent kit. I know MFH have released the 1/12 Lotus 49 and 49B - BUT those kits are to replace no-so-good kits done 50 years ago. Then it makes sense to me.
Br
Allan

dmarek
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Dave Marek
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda of course
James Hunt
United States of America

Post by dmarek »

My 2cents: my 1/8 P34 is all pre painted...Same for the MP4/4. I of course am repainting all of it-Especially the P34 body, blue is really dark.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Grypham wrote:WOW. I wasn't complaining about anything.
No, you didn't and I didn't single you or anyone else here out as doing so. But I have read a lot of complaints on FB and in other forums and it turns my stomach to read such crap, especially when the manufacture hasn't even had the opportunity to release the kit yet. All I'm saying is give them a bloody chance before condemning them. I have built exactly one Meng kit. It was not "Pre-Colored" or "Snap Fit" but the damn thing went together every bit as good as any Tamiya kit I have ever built and even though I have two Trumpy GT40's I will buy a Meng kit as well because I'm willing to bet it is a better model than the one released by Trumpeter.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports