Finally FW14B detail set

For all F1 scale model news...

GT-F2
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: Finally FW14B detail set

Post by GT-F2 »

I have a set on it’s way from Hobbyeasy already and can’t wait to get it.
I wonder which section they will tackle next, engine and rear suspension or radiator and Ecu?

I just wish they had made a corrected front suspension cowl as that step in the cover really needs to be corrected, I guess I’ll have to do that one myself.

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

GT-F2 wrote: I just wish they had made a corrected front suspension cowl as that step in the cover really needs to be corrected, I guess I’ll have to do that one myself.
Thats something I have been wondering - it would mean changing the angle of the join between the body and cowl? I have never seen this corrected by anyone building the Tamiya kit, have you any thoughts on how it could be done?

Malc.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

What step?

dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by dancraft »

Jeep wrote:BTW, does anyone know what on or off Earth is that silver disc on the front suspension? I never found out what it was for.

According to the Haynes Owners Workshop manual, its a Renault Engine Telemetry transmitter.

Regards,
Dan

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

jaykay wrote:What step?
This one:-
Model - step
FW14b 01.jpg
Real car - no step
FW14b 02.jpg
Suggestions on how to deal with it welcome!
Malc

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Ah, o.k.! Thanks! Gotta remember that one.

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

No problem, somewhere on F1M GT-F2 posted a list of Tamiya FW14b inaccuracies, if we ask him nicely he may re-post it?
M.

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

Picked up the kit recently and am anxiously awaiting the full kit from TS. The big one for me is getting rid of that monocoque seam line while still managing to pack all that TS goodness inside the cockpit!!!

Any ideas????? I'm open to suggestions!! Looks like we may have to take a page from the plane modelers book and get real good at masking cockpits!!!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

dancraft wrote:
Jeep wrote:BTW, does anyone know what on or off Earth is that silver disc on the front suspension? I never found out what it was for.
According to the Haynes Owners Workshop manual, its a Renault Engine Telemetry transmitter.

Regards,
Dan
Thx for posting this, allways thought it might be a transmitter from FIA for lapcounting or something like this, good catch! :)
Chinamalc wrote:No problem, somewhere on F1M GT-F2 posted a list of Tamiya FW14b inaccuracies, if we ask him nicely he may re-post it?
M.
Realy interesting, didn`t have a closer look at the kit and potential mistakes on it, would be nice if he would post this again! It realy had to be corrected, some work on the cowl and monocoque has to be done to get it right. I think that`s the reason they don`t made a new cowl, but otherwise some resin casted parts would have been enough to correct the monocoque, putty and filler has to be used anyway.
Take a stand!

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Just ordered mine from Hiroboy. Looking at the pictures of the detail set there is no way I'm making my FW14B without it, and hopefully the further sets to come.