MFH McLaren MP4/7?

For all F1 scale model news...

Topic author
donnieleblanc
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

MFH McLaren MP4/7?

Post by donnieleblanc »

I’m not sure this has been discussed much, but what do y’all think? MP4/7 wasn’t exactly an iconic car, but compliments the FW14B nicely and I think completes the MP4/4 - MP4/8 era (can’t remember if MFH did the 4/5 - I know they did the 4/5B).

Thoughts?

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/31893

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: MFH McLaren MP4/7?

Post by jaykay »

It's a Senna car. It'll sell enough.
The MP4/5 is the last one missing. It'll come :-)

Dalin1
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: MFH McLaren MP4/7?

Post by Dalin1 »

Not an iconic car… I remember back in 1992, I was a big fan of Senna and McLaren, terribly frustrated by the dominance of the FW14B at the beginning of the year, I struggled to understand them using the old chassis in the first races. Then, they introduced the MP4/7. I remember seeing that and saying to myself “wow“. The car looked so modern, so fast, so pretty. Of course, it proved then it was not as fast as it would need to be. But to me the factor of the car being such a big change of design compared to what McLaren was insisting on in previous years – full cowling from nose to back, removable top with them saying it was much easier to work with the changes of chassis/bodywork.
It was just that it was so different, looked so new and getting really modern in my view by accepting the most effective design of an F1 car has simply moved on.
And, maybe not right to call it iconic, but after almost 30 years, I still like the look of the car, a lot, and with the neat nose consider it as one of the most pretty McLarens of the time.