TAMIYA & HASEGAWA will skip nürnberg spielwarenmesse...

For all F1 scale model news...

Topic author
bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

TAMIYA & HASEGAWA will skip nürnberg spielwarenmesse...

Post by bestbalsakits »

Taken from tamiyablog (https://tamiyablog.com/)

"
Mr. Tamiya: “The domestic market is not active. Germany is sluggish, and the Southeast Asian market is larger than the euro zone. It has been exhibited for 52 consecutive years at the German Spielwaren Messe show, but from next year (think not to exhibit.) There is no open to the public, entrance fee is high, and the number of people is not increasing."
President Hasegawa: “The burden of stay expenses and exhibition costs is heavy, and the exhibition of Spielwaren Messe will be discontinued from next year”

"

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: TAMIYA & HASEGAWA will skip nürnberg spielwarenmesse...

Post by stubeck »

Makes sense. With the internet the reason for these shows has decreased from a consumer perspective as well.

CTurbert
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by CTurbert »

Interesting. Sounds like the Nurnberg toy show doesn't really fit their philosophy, not to mention being located halfway across the world where their market share isn't as strong as it is back east so it doesn't make business sense to continue attending.

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

stubeck wrote:Makes sense. With the internet the reason for these shows has decreased from a consumer perspective as well.
The show is not for consumers, though. It's a trade show, meant for manufacturers to pitch, display and sell new products to wholesalers, distributors and retailers. Granted, those reasons have decreased with the internet as well, but it's rarely a good sign when businesses decide to pull back from major sales venues.

Even if you take the statements at face value, rather than the corporate PR spin they are, they're saying that the scale model market in Europe isn't worth bothering about. That's not good.
Je ne regrette rien.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I know its not for consumers, as it was part of their quote that they're not allowed in. I was adding that these shows are less important for consumers as an additional comment.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

The spielwarenmesse is not what it was BEFORE the internet and facebook really became the source for information. Remember my young years as a modeler where we all waited and waited for the news from spielwarenmesse as the big news each year. Time has changed.
Br
Allan

Roncla
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by Roncla »

allnie wrote:The spielwarenmesse is not what it was BEFORE the internet and facebook really became the source for information. Remember my young years as a modeler where we all waited and waited for the news from spielwarenmesse as the big news each year. Time has changed.
It would be months before I found out what was making the news at spielwarenmesse back in the day.
These days you usually know before the doors open.

Texasjohn
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Texasjohn »

Same thing is happening in the watch industry. Swatch pulled out of the Basel fair at a cost savings of $50 million dollars

Topic author
bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

Ok, apparently there was an error in the tamiyablog article...

"
Namely, an expression is found which can be understood as Tamiya would not
participate in the 2020 Spielwarenmesse in Nuremberg, Germany. However, this is not
correct.
We understand that this is partly a responsibility of the original Japanese
text, but you are also kindly requested to rectify your article.
"

wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by indygp2001 »

You guys ARE ALL CRACKING ME UP! (for you all in Europe, that means you are making me laugh!)
Why do I laugh?...Try growing up in the middle of New Mexico, in the '70s...I found out everything about 2 years after the rest of the World knew about it...and as far as what was going on in the F1 scene, I had to take the bus to the downtown Albuquerque Library to check out 1 week old New York Times Sports section articles about who won the latest GP!)...and usually the article had a very small paragraph about the race winner, and the results of the top 6 drivers...and that was it! - 2 or 3 months later, I would go to my favorite "Foreign Auto parts" store and pick up a copy of "Racer" Magazine (I think that was what it was called)...then I discovered a popular Newspaper type magazine called "AutoWeek", and got a subscription - then the F1 news I was seeking was only about 2 weeks old! OH, those were the days - We are all so spoiled now.
Now the minute Hiro-San even has an idea about making a new model - we all know about it.
I know I'm aging myself, but there are a few of us that remember what the old days were like!
The INTERNET Rules. Period....I'm surprised any of these "Hobby / Toy Shows" exist at all anymore to be honest...