jaws
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: JAWS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Driver Lando Norris/ McLaren
United States of America

Re: MFH for May

Post by jaws »

Ok I have to HOPE Hiro is planting a seed of deception with the image file. Wishing for the M23 and Hunts McLaren.... PLEASE!

Fredo84
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Fredo84 »

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well, it's the 1976 Japanese GP.
In the picture is #4 Patrick Depailler in a Tyrrell-Ford P34 being led by what I believe is #5 Mario Andretti in his Lotus-Ford 77
with Mario scoring his 2nd F1 win in that race. So unless the naming of the archive post (which btw seems rather random on
checking on some of the other recent ones) is an actual hint, I'd put my money on the #5 car as the centerfold for May. How
convenient that would be, a car numbered #5 for the 5th month of the year. Conspiracy? :P

*Could very well be a 312T2 as well, but not by judging from that picture.
Cheers,
Roman

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

daniel wrote:
gp-models wrote:

I guess your right Kars, look at the browserline on your pc when opening MFH news link, ......31276...... i guess it says it all.
WOW...Sherlock Holmes around here...very smart !! I fear you are right, another Ferrari :(
Lol, no Sherlock needed this time :lol: I think they did not realy take care this time to hide what`s coming up cause 312T2 was announced longer ago. In the past they learned that we surch everywhere, incl picture codes etc, that`s why i think they did not take care this time, or it was posted by mistake. The only thing i hope is that it is not a fast shot like the Daytona!
Been waiting for this a long time to get both interesting cars of this season, Hunts M23 Transkit from Ejan is lonely in my stash, so T2 is a must for me.
Take a stand!

Hugeprong
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Hugo Pring
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Hugeprong »

That Ejan conversion was complicated and the rollover bar didnt fit over the top of the oil tank but otherwise it came out OK and it was excellent experience for the MFH kits that have come out more recently.

In my stash I have the Protar 312T2 and a "started" Tamiya 312T bought of Ebay for £25! I am intending to basically build the Tam 312T but with T2 bodywork. Not sure how hard that will be but total cost of that project is £270 which I guess will compare well to MFH price!

Lotus 77 would be a must and would look nice alongside my Tam 49/72/78 and MFH 79/97T. An expensive month beckons perhaps...

Preludevenom
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by Preludevenom »

Al Lotus 77 would be amazing !!!

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

I think the original trans Lotus 77 kit sold out a long time ago.
So this time it could be a complete Lotus 77 where a donor-kit is not needed.
Br
Allan

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Just thinking about the 3 colour stripes in the..
green is for Lotus
blue is for Tyrrell
red is for Ferrari

So it's "obviously" 3 models this month, 77, P34, 312T2. Now that would be a pretty wild stunt.m :D

As per the Ferrari lineup (click) Kars has hinted at before, at least the 312T2 1976 in 3 flavours
is already set. However, it does not have to be released this month. The Alfa 33 has a kit designation
beyond those Ferrari kits announced in November 2018 and was released last month.
Cheers,
Roman

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I think it is a 312T2 1976. The significance of that other photo?? Who knows, maybe the odd car out that was sitting out the race? The tires atleast look fat enough on this one :)

Fredo84
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Fredo84 »

F1tommy wrote:I think it is a 312T2 1976. The significance of that other photo?? Who knows, maybe the odd car out that was sitting out the race? The tires atleast look fat enough on this one :)

I think it is a 312T2 too...the 3rd car in shadow look's bigger...but it can be always tuched up...