another MFH 1/12th...?

For all F1 scale model news...

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Re: another MFH 1/12th...?

Post by allnie »

High-resolution instructions are here. As always a SUPER-DETAILED model. But what about the colors. "Follow your own reference". I have almost no reference. Can anybody help?
https://www.club-barchetta.com/SHOP/K711.html
Br
Allan

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I have one of the TT12's on order but it looked flat in the photos at the back. That we figured out is caused by the rear Good Year slicks being to small. Looks like a nice kit otherwise. Would like the more colorful 1977 Turbo cars also, but in 1/24th scale.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

The time period and racing series are up my street, but after summing up the must have list, I'm in no
position to justify this one. Plus I'm not exactly a fan of the shape. I'd rather have the earlier tipo 33.

Btw, next months kit is either that 1/9 bike or the guessing game will start anew tomorrow. I'm hoping
for the latter of course :)
Cheers,
Roman

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Hiro told me that the 1/12th Ferrari Competition Daytona's would be out in late March or early April when I ordered them back in December.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I received the Alfa Romeo a few days ago and it is really nice other than a few items. The big one is the rear tires are way to small. Also the wheels construction for the rear wheels is really strange and they don't fit into the machined part without a lot of material removal. Dumb design. Tires are a problem with Hiro. It seems they have a hard time with this on many models I have from them. Also not sure why they break down parts that should be one piece into 2 or 3 or 10 pieces making the model redundant.

Adding some critical advise to them as everybody around here sounds like the Hiro cheerleader squad 99 % of the time. They are not perfect, although I am very grateful they do some of the cars they do in 1/12th scale.

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

F1tommy wrote:I received the Alfa Romeo a few days ago and it is really nice other than a few items. The big one is the rear tires are way to small. Also the wheels construction for the rear wheels is really strange and they don't fit into the machined part without a lot of material removal. Dumb design. Tires are a problem with Hiro. It seems they have a hard time with this on many models I have from them. Also not sure why they break down parts that should be one piece into 2 or 3 or 10 pieces making the model redundant.

Adding some critical advise to them as everybody around here sounds like the Hiro cheerleader squad 99 % of the time. They are not perfect, although I am very grateful they do some of the cars they do in 1/12th scale.
Yep !..VERY grateful BUT the tyre/ wheel "fiasco" continues.Why on earth can they not get the tyre and wheel sizes right ?Almost every 1/12 model I have does not have the correct tyre/ wheel measurements..The Ulrich Schwab F1 yearbooks give the correct measurements for each car / marque and year (rims and tyres )..simply divide this by 12 !This is the only thing that bothers me..for the rest PERFECT ( well, almost ;) )

Alex.

Dino
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Dino »

I took a close-up pic of the rear tire on this car a couple weeks ago at Amelia Island Concours, the tire size reads 15.0/26.0-15