For all F1 scale model news...

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Re: More SF71H conversion parts on Shapeways

Post by lezdep »

smirkoff wrote:Many thanks, Shaun and SebLeung!! I"m so happy that you're liking my work. I'm doing it motivated by all the frustration I had from years trying to fit parts that simply doesn't fit.

Here are the new links for the extra parts, now divided in two sets. I've managed to make slightly changes that allow to put sprues linking most of the parts, as Torsten remarked, and the prices, as you'll see, are much, much better now!!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HWF8H ... d=88135683
https://www.shapeways.com/product/ENYWG ... d=88136056

Thanks again,
Smirkoff
Fantastic work ! And what an improvement from couple of sprues. Almost 50% price reduction. Braking into 2 sets also makes parts more
accessible, imho. Well done !!!

PS: That price drop gives me hope, that with strategic placement of sprues, parts can still be printed at shapeways relatively economically.

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

This is amazing!
So these three sets make a full SF71H? :)
Now where would I get the US GP decals too?
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

shood23
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shood23 »

Bmw ask andrea from kmp on Facebook. I sent him over a file last year and he made me up the stuff needed for upto japan car with vettels number. He may be able to add the mission winnow decals and raikkonens 7 for the USGP car. If not i will try and work on what i have to do it and send it to him.

Shaun

shood23
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shood23 »

Really quickly aswell Mr smirkoff. With this year's cars being effectively the same as last year's apart from the wider simpler front wing and taller rear wing. Is there any scope for that in this year's 3d plans or am I just over thinking with possibly a little too much dreaming?

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

shood23 wrote:Really quickly aswell Mr smirkoff. With this year's cars being effectively the same as last year's apart from the wider simpler front wing and taller rear wing. Is there any scope for that in this year's 3d plans or am I just over thinking with possibly a little too much dreaming?
Well, Shaun, for sure I'm looking with much attention at the images of the launchings, and in a first impression I would say that the 2019 Haas seems a possible project. But I would wait a bit more to see photos from the tests, or even from the first race, to have a better idea. The new rear wing need new wing pylons, a thin part that support some weight, and that could be a problem to keep as thin as in the Tamiya kit. But for now I'll concentrate to finish other projects.

Thanks!!
Smirkoff

shood23
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by shood23 »

Very much understandable. I think also a big problem maybe the 2017-2019 general development progression esspecially when you look at how much youve made to change a year old Ferrari into a current one. I think maybe i was dreaming into it more with heart than head.

Shaun

SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by SebLeung »

Upon cursory inspection (assuming the photos below, leaked from racefans, are real), a rough conversion will be possible.

In fact it seems that their sidepod design has gone back to something closer resembling the 2017 car's storm trooper inlets.

The biggest challenge will definitely be the engine cover shape. It's much narrower than the SF70H and the slope following the air intake is incredible short. I don't know if this will be possible with the Tamiya kit, but for those willing to look past this, the nose and cockpit area are very similar to the SF71H. With new wings for the 2019 regs I think an approximate conversion could be done.
http://www.f1modelling.com

cooperclimax1
Formula e
Formula e

Post by cooperclimax1 »

Question . What car was used to do the Haas offering? Decals from? Are the Shapeways parts still available?

PJE
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
United States of America

Post by PJE »

I would love to replicate Kimi’s probable last winner, but not until a good complete set of decals are available.

Paul Erlendson

gazer117
F3
F3

Post by gazer117 »

PJE wrote:I would love to replicate Kimi’s probable last winner, but not until a good complete set of decals are available.

Paul Erlendson
Agreed if I could get a set of decals from one place I'd pull the trigger and order the parts to do the conversion.