View topic - MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

For all F1 scale model news...

Re: 1/20 NewScratch kits

Postby Tyrone » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:35 pm

gilles.r wrote:Hi
Raccoon website announces the 2019 Mercedes 1/20 kits

Let's see them here :
https://raccoon-shop.com/SHOP/557915/1108417/list.html


Bye
Gilles


Has anybody ordered from this website before? Do they post the UK can I Use PayPal, whats the general customer service like etc...

Thanks!
User avatar
Tyrone
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:04 am
Favorite F1 Team: Mclaren, Jordan

Re: 1/20 NewScratch kits

Postby gilles.r » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Tyrone wrote:
gilles.r wrote:Hi
Raccoon website announces the 2019 Mercedes 1/20 kits
Let's see them here :
https://raccoon-shop.com/SHOP/557915/1108417/list.html
Bye
Gilles


Has anybody ordered from this website before? Do they post the UK can I Use PayPal, whats the general customer service like etc...

Thanks!


Hi,

you can order 100% faithfully : I suppose they can ship to UK, as to France !
You can use paypal and choose your shipment way

I can send you the email to use
Bye
Gilles
User avatar
gilles.r
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:01 am
Location: FRANCE
Favorite F1 Team: LIGIER & RENAULT

Re: MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Postby SebLeung » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:23 pm

If anyone is curious about this W10 kit, here's an excerpt form their instruction manual that was posted:
Image

Assembly looks straight forward as uprights are printed with some suspension arms attached. I'm hoping this means you won't need to play around with the ride height as much. Main concerns would be how much smoothing is required for the printed plastic parts, and how well the suspension arms/plastic pins can support the resin body. I'm curious to see how the decals and livery will work, with the little stars that cover most of the body and the silver-black gradient. You might need to manually airbrush that in which would be a very big challenge. I also see that the tyres are moulded after S27 or MFH Pirellis which is unfortunate. Can somebody please make moulds of the Tamiya SF70H Pirellis??

Otherwise I'm hopeful for this kit as I don't really enjoy working with white metal.
PM me if you have any of the following kits for sale (1/20):

MFH F2007 China/Brazil
MFH BT55
SebLeung
GP 2 Champion
GP 2 Champion
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:14 am
Location: Toronto
Favorite F1 Team: Mercedes, McLaren

Re: MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Postby klinad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm

SebLeung wrote:If anyone is curious about this W10 kit, here's an excerpt form their instruction manual that was posted:
Image

Assembly looks straight forward as uprights are printed with some suspension arms attached. I'm hoping this means you won't need to play around with the ride height as much. Main concerns would be how much smoothing is required for the printed plastic parts, and how well the suspension arms/plastic pins can support the resin body. I'm curious to see how the decals and livery will work, with the little stars that cover most of the body and the silver-black gradient. You might need to manually airbrush that in which would be a very big challenge. I also see that the tyres are moulded after S27 or MFH Pirellis which is unfortunate. Can somebody please make moulds of the Tamiya SF70H Pirellis??

Otherwise I'm hopeful for this kit as I don't really enjoy working with white metal.


I ordered the 1/43 W10 kits from them before. In general it was quite smooth, but details and small fins were also way to thick for that scale. Somesay that the printed parts would deformed after some time so I think you may need to add supports under the floor. Liveries were fine but you do need to paint the black shades, I think it's fine. Though it won't give you black fingers as the white metal does, you still need to clean up all the support structures, there maybe dozens of them on each part.
User avatar
klinad
GP2
GP2
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm
Location: Beijing, China
Favorite F1 Team: TeamLH

Re: MULTIMEDIA Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Postby lezdep » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 pm

klinad wrote:I ordered the 1/43 W10 kits from them before. In general it was quite smooth, but details and small fins were also way to thick for that scale. Somesay that the printed parts would deformed after some time so I think you may need to add supports under the floor. Liveries were fine but you do need to paint the black shades, I think it's fine. Though it won't give you black fingers as the white metal does, you still need to clean up all the support structures, there maybe dozens of them on each part.

1/43 looks to be fully 3D printed. 1/20 in comparison, has PE and resin parts. Hopefully some of thickness issues are addressed this way. And may be less cleanup.
User avatar
lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Toronto

Previous

Return to News



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests