For all F1 scale model news...

klinad
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH
China

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming F1 Releases 2019

Post by klinad »

It was actually on show in this year's SMC in Netherlands, but just the box art and a test prototype

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

Meng’s GT 40 will probably be a really nice kit. They are not new to auto kits, however they have not done a lot of them. They did a Hummer H1 and a Jeep in the last couple years that were really nice kits from what I could see. Their armor kits look really nice and are well researched, they seem to be pretty consistent as well. Trumpeter is all over the place some of their kits are really good and some really average. Meng is not perfect but they seem to make a sincere effort with every kit to bring a top quality product to market. There is real hope this will be an amazing kit.

atlantakat1
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by atlantakat1 »

Just a quick note to folks that use HLJ as their source for Japanese/Asian new releases. HLJ has not been doing a good job updating the Racing Cars page on the site: https://hlj.com/scale-models/cars-bikes/racing-car-kits

Despite not being listed anywhere under the Cars/Bikes section, HLJ does in fact carry, for example, the Aoshima Brabham BT 52(b), you just have to run a separate search for the kit: https://hlj.com/1-20-scale-brabham-bt52b-83-aos10632

HLJ has lost out on a couple of sales as I ended up buying the Tamiya Gazoo Toyota LM kit and the BT 52(b) elsewhere thinking that HLJ did not have the kits. So thought I'd share the insight that customers should not rely on the Cars/Bikes link alone to determine status of a given F1 or racing car kit at HLJ.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

cbk57 wrote:Meng’s GT 40 will probably be a really nice kit. They are not new to auto kits, however they have not done a lot of them. They did a Hummer H1 and a Jeep in the last couple years that were really nice kits from what I could see. Their armor kits look really nice and are well researched, they seem to be pretty consistent as well. Trumpeter is all over the place some of their kits are really good and some really average. Meng is not perfect but they seem to make a sincere effort with every kit to bring a top quality product to market. There is real hope this will be an amazing kit.
I have built quite a few AFV kits over the last few years mostly trying to sample kits from manufactures I had no chance to build from with regard to car models. I wanted to see how these manufactures compared to say your average Tamiya AFV kit. I only built one Meng kit but I will say that it was every bit as good as any Tamiya kit I have built. I will buy this Meng offering of the GT40 just to see how it compares to the Trumpeter release from a few years ago. Hopefully this will not be a one off release from Meng like it was with Trumpeter and we will start to see more offerings in the future. $600-$700 MFH kits are getting hard to justify. But $200-$400 plastic kits would be a welcome option if the subjects are interesting.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lvndeva »

Holy moly. Spotmodel has the Tamiya Leyton House CG901 in stock!!!! I just got 1. Maybe ill get another 1.
:mrgreen:

goodyear
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by goodyear »

New italeri Alfa Romeo 8c coming out soon .
https://twitter.com/ItaleriModelKit/sta ... 47201?s=09

Maysula
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Maysula »

goodyear wrote:New italeri Alfa Romeo 8c coming out soon .
https://twitter.com/ItaleriModelKit/sta ... 47201?s=09
Christmas comes early :-)

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

FPPM Ferando Pinto has confirmed he is doing hand laced wire wheels for the Italeri Monza kit in 1/12th scale. They are already listed on ebay and look superb.

dancraft
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by dancraft »

lvndeva wrote:Holy moly. Spotmodel has the Tamiya Leyton House CG901 in stock!!!! I just got 1. Maybe ill get another 1.
:mrgreen:
I noticed that, but they were already sold out by the time I saw it.
Strange really because I hadn’t seen any announcements anywhere for this, not even for Japan only.
Infact, no one else has them listed either, that I can see.
Maybe Spotmodel got there hands on a carton of old stock?

Regards, Dan