Scale Motorsport shutting down after 20 years

For all F1 scale model news...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Scale Motorsport shutting down after 20 years

Post by gp-models »

I have much more respect in acting to buisness for Mac then this! Mac announced it to every of his customers personaly, i never recieved anothing from SMS! So what are you talking about??
This is no good customer service cause he run out of buisness, so why take care of your customers! That`s not the way Mac is acting, don`t set it in comparsion with such stupid way of talking about a buisness man like Mac was and will be again if he get rid off the problems life put in his way!
If SMS did it the same way like Mac i had much more respect, but SMS did not so, they left their customers alone. The cause of it might be different, but not the way to handle such things to your customers!
Take a stand!

F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 11110111 »

GP-Models think you are a bit out of line here.

The business is still online and in action, the plan is to shut down however it isnt yet. As someone else posted, they are perhaps looking for a buyer.

I have been in touch with Matthew yesterday and he is responding to emails with his usual good pace.

Chill!
- Pradley

Scoobyfan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Hakkinen
South Africa

Post by Scoobyfan »

I tend to agree with Pradley, Matthew is actually being proactive and advertising his plans a year in advance. He posted on facebook about what his plan is hence we're seeing it here, that's not being secretive at all. Knowing Matthew's passion for the hobby and what he does, I am sure this isn't a decision he's entered into without a lot of thought but everyone does deserve to retire at some point!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

11110111 wrote:GP-Models think you are a bit out of line here.

The business is still online and in action, the plan is to shut down however it isnt yet. As someone else posted, they are perhaps looking for a buyer.

I have been in touch with Matthew yesterday and he is responding to emails with his usual good pace.

Chill!
Maybe you missunderstood caused by my bad english, sorry for that, but my pointing is to Noddy which seems to be out of line with arguments like that about Macs modeling, i know and understood what`s up with SMS, but that`s a total other thing in comparsion to what happened with Mac! And sorry for not be pretty chilling when someone is laughing about what happened with Mac and set it in comparsion to someone who will retire while he wants to quit buisness! Maybe you understand now to what my pointing is on, this commend about Mac was totaly missplaced and each who know Mac knows that.
Take a stand!

Topic author
Noddy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Noddy »

You should take caution in your tone because you are WAY out of line. Laughing about Mac? How is reporting the fact that his web site doesn't mention the temporary shutdown laughing about anything at all? Are you perhaps from a different planet? There is no excuse for a business that is not currently accepting orders to not update their website to reflect that fact - that's just basic business sense. Telling individual customers doesn't remove the responsibility for alerting prospective customers that the business is not currently accepting new orders. Period. Has nothing to do with Mac's character and I resent the implication that it did. Not everyone is a good businessman - and particularly in small hobby related endeavors it's more common than not that there is a passion without necessarily a good head for business and this has been proven to be true time after time after time.
GP-Models I'm not sure if this is just a language barrier on your part or if there is slightly more to it but this is not the first time you've been insulting, rude and argumentative. As I don't come to model forums to be abused I'm going to be proactive and not respond to you any further nor acknowledge your posts in the future.

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi all

Putting aside any language barriers, hurt feelings etc, please keep futher responses civil.

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz
On behalf of the Moderators Team

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Has anybody had trouble placing an order from SMS? The website will not progress past the address fields in the checkout.

Moskie
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Moskie »

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

I bought several sheets of CF from him several weeks ago and the order shipped in less than 2 days.

Joe.

gerty
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by gerty »

Really have enjoyed Scale Motorsports terrific products and service over the years and will be missed - Best Wishes Matt and Thank you !