PLASTIC Upcoming Releases 2013

For all F1 scale model news...

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: PLASTIC Upcoming Releases 2013

Post by Eagle50 »

hirofkd wrote:... Fujimi ... F150...
Looks like Fujimi is getting their money's worth, out of their Ferrari toy license! Another red car, eh..? I'll buy it, just to have it. But it won't be that high on my to-do list. LOL I was kinda' hoping their next release would be the rumoured Lotus E20...

Chris

Obi-Jiff
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Obi-Jiff »

While I'm not that bothered about a relatively unsuccessful Ferrari, I will be getting an F150 to add to my collection of British GP winners - in my opinion the only reason to buy it! :wink:
Some say he believes Star Wars is a documentary...

Moder
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Moder »

Hi guys,

A CORRECTION SET for Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312B kit is just released by the DMold company.
More info on this set may be found on the link http://www.dmold-modelworks.com/contents/en-us/d9.html
The set is unavailable so far and it will be in stock at the end of next week when the clear parts arrive.
As for now, - the work on the accurate cockpit fairing for 1/12 Lotus 72D continues to take place and this
release is scheduled for the early part of May.

Best regards,
Dmitri

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Moder wrote:Hi guys,

A CORRECTION SET for Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312B kit is just released by the DMold company.
More info on this set may be found on the link http://www.dmold-modelworks.com/contents/en-us/d9.html
The set is unavailable so far and it will be in stock at the end of next week when the clear parts arrive.
As for now, - the work on the accurate cockpit fairing for 1/12 Lotus 72D continues to take place and this

Best regards,
Dmitri
Sent you a PM

:D :D :D
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

You've got a PM from me as well Dmitri...

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

Eagle50 wrote: Looks like Fujimi is getting their money's worth, out of their Ferrari toy license! Another red car, eh..? I'll buy it, just to have it. But it won't be that high on my to-do list. LOL I was kinda' hoping their next release would be the rumoured Lotus E20...
Looks mostly targeted to domestic market with Japanese GP version scheduled first. I guess Japanese like Ferraries and F1 cars from Japanese GPs, which is understandable.
For me it's going to be a dilemma. I don't build trucks, I build successful and beautiful F1 cars. That car wasn't that successful and definitely not as beautiful. But I want to
support Fujimi's efforts. Most likely I will get one, but I would rather have preferred something not red. For this season E21 should be a good seller, imho.

I still would be quite curious to see translation of text beside the picture. Could you translate it for us, Chris ?

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Moder wrote:Hi guys,

Best regards,
Dmitri

PM send...

Alex.

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

lezdep wrote: ... curious to see translation of text beside the picture. Could you translate it for us, Chris ?
Sorry I missed your question, Sergey. I don't always go back to the same threads, and check on my old posts. (Please PM me if you have anything important to ask!)

The text beside the picture is a bit blurry, and the right side is chopped off. Also, I don't have F1 Modeling vol. 54 here, to look at the original ad. But what I can see is mostly PR, Sergey, and just says:

---------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Ferrari Fighting Machine

150 Italia
Coming Soon!

Ferrari 150 Italia
* 1/20 Gran Prix Collection No. 52(?)
* ... ... * 5,256(?) yen
* On sale 2013, first ...

150 Italia is Ferrari's... ...
... machine for F1, the Italia... ...
... named to commemorate, and the rear ...
... large Italian flag ... ...
... is drawn. The nose is ...
... inside the monocoque ...
... The kit, the 15th race ...
In this GP, Alonso... 2nd place...
won!

All new moulds
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I know this isn't much help...

Oh, I meant what I said about Fujimi really putting their "Ferrari toy license" to use. MFH's Mr Hiro told me an interesting story about that, a couple months ago.

At some time in the past (he didn't say when), MFH had just released a Ferrari kit (he didn't say which). Soon afterwards, another company (he didn't say what) released a plastic kit of the same car. Mr Hiro was surprised about this, and phoned Ferrari to ask what was going on.

And Ferrari explained that Hiro is given a hobby license. And that plastic kits are released under toy licenses. In other words, a 10 year old kid can put a plastic kit together, but Hiro's products require adult skills, and so Ferrari don't treat them the same. That's why there can be kits of the same car, from two different companies at the same time.

An interesting bit of kit licensing trivia, eh?

Cheers,
Chris

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

Visiting a local hobby shop today, I noticed that Museum Collection have released decals to convert a Fujimi McLaren MP4/27, to a Lotus E20. The decals even come with silhouette line drawings of the two cars, so you know where to add putty.

Could this be the source of the E20 rumours that we've heard..?

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

The MC Lotus E20 news has been given as many times as Mark Twain's death :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It might be the source of the rumour, but when rumour was given, we were told that source was the same taht had advanced an eventual real release (don't remember which one), but it's a good theory...