Avoid this at home...

Post your best modeling tips here.

Starr
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: Avoid this at home...

Post by Starr »

Thanks for the heads up and the tips everyone!

Cheers,

Starr
Classic Plastic Model Club - Lowell, MA

Alex_Kung
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Alex Kung
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Ferrari
Canada

Post by Alex_Kung »

I also highly recommend the battery powered mixer. It does an excellent job with mixing paints that have even settled. It is also great with metallic paints.

flashman wrote:Looks like a lesson to NOT shake glass paint jars anymore, especially ones with metal balls in them. Although it will be very difficult (impossible) to break a habit of 40+ years... :roll:

Fortunately I have a battery powered paint mixer like this: https://www.micromark.com/Cordless-Mixe ... del-Paints . This does work amazingly well for mixing even years old and settled paint, as long as it isn't dried out. I have the one sold by Badger, but works the same. Very highly recommended. Just have to make sure I use it. :wink:

Cameron

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Mixing balls in a can of Tamiya spray are glass. That is what I usually add to my decanted paint after decanting. I cut open the Tamiya spray can and salvage the balls for later usage. Never heard of a glass ball braking a glass jar. Tamiya is so smart!!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

You're right Derek. Tamiya: "Steel breaks glass, but glass won't break steel". I admit when I started opening and saw them, I stored them because they looked nice, not sure what would I do with them! :lol: :lol: