2008 Group Build : Log your subject

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2008 Group Build.

Topic author
CBartholomew4677
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Chris Bartholomew
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Forza Ferrari!!!
United States of America

2008 Group Build : Log your subject

Post by CBartholomew4677 »

Hello All,
I'll take the initiaitive and officially kick-off the 2008 Group Build. The winning theme was #1: F1 car with green or yellow color. Based on this, I went through my current stockpile of F1 kits and boiled it down to either a Jordan, Jaguar or Lotus. And the winner is the Jordan Honda EJ11. Despite being a big Jordan fan, and a big admirer of what Eddie Jordan did in F1, I haven't built a Jordan in a long time, so this is a great opportunity to knock one out. I like the shark mouth on the EJ11, the livery on this one is really cool.

I'll separate the specific WIP pictures to a different forum entry, but here you all go. I like the idea of finishing at the end of the F1 season, so I've decided to follow this path for myself.

I look forward to seeing all of your plans and subjects.
Cheers,
Chris

taliesen
Midfield
Midfield

Post by taliesen »

I'll post the second - I'm going for the Williams FW14B - should be mostly box stock, with the appropriate 'banned' decals, and I'm toying with using CF decals instead of the texture Tamiya molded into the surfaces. We'll see how that goes . . . . looking forward to participating, though!
Jonathan

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

willster127
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Lee
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren
United States of America

Post by willster127 »

Count me in for a Lotus 99T, I was actually getting ready to start this in anger very soon anyway!

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I am in with a Mario/Carlos Lotus 79 in Martini livery. The rare thing about it is that it'll be a transformed Ty010 with custom decals!
Hey, first greeny here! :) Although if we mix the FW14 colors, well, as an avarage it's green :lol:
If rules permit it, I might join later on with something more, I'd like to do something more.

emsquared
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by emsquared »

oh yeah...
Put me down for a 1/20 Tamiya Lotus 107, followed by an S27 Lotus 100T (yeah, I know Ian, aka 'specialstages'-I need another model like I need the proverbial 'hole in the head'...), and somewhere in between, a 1/43 Minardi M189 (yellow stripe across the engine cover).

Brooklin1
Midfield
Midfield

Post by Brooklin1 »

emsquared wrote:oh yeah...
Put me down for a 1/20 Tamiya Lotus 107, followed by an S27 Lotus 100T (yeah, I know Ian, aka 'specialstages'-I need another model like I need the proverbial 'hole in the head'...), and somewhere in between, a 1/43 Minardi M189 (yellow stripe across the engine cover).
Emsquared, Are you doing the 1992 107 or 1993 107B? I'll do the other one. I thought I better get my entry in early as I don't have the stockpile of unbuilt kits that many of you do.

DM
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by DM »

I would pick either Tyrrell 012 or Jordan 191

Ghostwolf
F2
F2

Post by Ghostwolf »

Well I think I will be in with a Jaguar R1 based on the MP4/13
However I am going to start with the Jordan 191.
Paul
Last edited by Ghostwolf on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who dies with the most toys, wins!

emsquared
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by emsquared »

Emsquared, Are you doing the 1992 107 or 1993 107B? I'll do the other one. I thought I better get my entry in early as I don't have the stockpile of unbuilt kits that many of you do.[/quote]
Hello,
I was going to do the 1992 car (107). How's this: you tell me which one you want to do. If you have your heart set on the 92 car, then go right ahead: I really don't mind. Though remember: choice of subjects are not exclusive, so do whatever you want to build. AFAIC, this build is simply about showing our models, it is not restrictive or competitive in any way.

emsquared
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by emsquared »

DM wrote:I would pick either Tyrrell 012 or Jordan 191
Very nice choice: the Benetton Tyrrell 012!!
Compliments!