BMW E46 M3 GTR Testcar

Finished models...

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

BMW E46 M3 GTR Testcar

Post by gp-models »

Here is another 1:18 diecast model i converted, the BMW E46 GTR Testcar for the 24h race Nürburgring 2002.
I disassembled the model and painted it partly new, added the correct starting numbers, headlightcovers and the hugh white stripe on the front window. Hope you like it.

Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: BMW E46 M3 GTR Testcar

Post by stubeck »

Looks good. How do you find converting diecast cars? Seems like a fun way to get some subjects we can't normally get in plastic or are too expensive in resin.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank you for kind comment Stu, nice to see you like it! :)
To me it is absolutely a way to go, cause as your pointing out right, it can save you a lot of money and maybe sometimes you have no option to get a model you realy like.
Did a lot of 43 conversions cause there was no other way to get the model i wanted, found some cheap diecast models on evilbay and bought them. Even with the printing costs for the decals or buying aftermarket decals, i finaly run cheaper then any kit around, so to me finaly a good option as the modern diecast models are quiet often well detailed and nicely done (proportions etc). Only maybe sad point is the stripping of the paint, an uggly work, but hey, if you realy want it.... :D
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Nice! :)
Did you use a Minichamps model as base?

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Inuyasha wrote:Nice! :)
Did you use a Minichamps model as base?
Right, the basemodel was a Minichamps, shot it on evilbay years ago and made this conversion. Did not knew about this car till a friend came and told me about this car. As i`m allways interested in such extra ordenary stuff, i picked the idea up and build one in 1:18 and one in 43 as usuall. The 43 will be presented in my next update as well as some some other Street and racing conversions i did. ;)
Take a stand!